Anything else broke?

1001gear

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm going to bump this because there are two things that seem to be broken that affect my little world. Maybe Phil will see this and pass to someone who is keeping the bug list.

First, notifications are broken. I used to use that all the time to see if someone had commented on something I said. PM's seem to be somewhat notified, but not like before.

Second, and this is a big deal because I post a lot of pictures. It used to be that the little picture icon in the advanced edit toolbar would allow me to upload a picture directly from my PC to the HC server and to post that directly into a comment. Didn't seem to matter what size it was - most of my pic's are 3M or so. There now seems to be a limit of 2M so it no longer works.

I am in the process of quitting Photobucket and I frankly don't want to set up another photo hosting site. The HC upload was nice, but without it I'll probably stop doing any build threads or how to fix something posts. Yes I know I could resize my pictures but I'm not going to do it for a forum that is slowly falling apart from the inside out.

• Members

I am in the process of quitting Photobucket and I frankly don't want to set up another photo hosting site.

Yeah the whole pay for Photobucket thing blows. Just a word of advise though. Before you quit, make sure to upload the photos you want to save.

I have a boatload of pictures there that I would love to get back, but am not willing to pay their ransom to upload...

• Members

All of my photos are carefully archived on my external hard drive so they are saved. What I am currently doing with photobucket is simply leaving everything there so old threads won't be broken but not uploading anything else. I'll just let it wither away.

Its too bad because I really would like to include pictures in some of my comments - I think a picture can tell a lot and over the years I've built up a pretty good library of pics that I think might be helpful for setups and building and things like that. I try to document both for my own records and because maybe it will help someone else.

I happen to have two builds going on right now - an electric and my dream acoustic. I would love to share them (OK, I'd love to show off) but the hassle with pictures and the complete lack of interest in the forum right now makes me think why waste my time.

• Members

The old system would tell me if there were any comments to my posts, whether anyone liked them and whether I had any PM's. Messages seem to show up but the others don't. Honestly it isn't that big of a deal, with the level of activity now.

The big deal for me was the picture thing. After my frustration with Photobucket I thought I had found a simple answer, only to find now that it doesn't work without a lot of effort on my part.

• Members
The big deal for me was the picture thing. After my frustration with Photobucket I thought I had found a simple answer' date=' only to find now that it doesn't work without a lot of effort on my part.[/quote']

What's a little lower res anyway?

• Members

Wasted time on my part. Load each picture into a photo editing program, resize, save. A build thread might have 50 photos taken over two months time - I just don't want to futz with it.

My point, direct upload worked a few months ago with whatever size my pictures were - now it doesn't.

While I'm bitchin', it would be really nice if there was a convenient way to link music into HC. I know it has to be hosted on another site and most of them seem to favor professional musicians and most of them are a big hassle for someone like my who only wants to post a clip every now and then (say to the VOMIT).

I build a guitar, take a bunch of picture to show off, someone asks how it sounds, I post a clip. Should be easy but its not.

• Members
I get it. Maybe an app that will do batch editing? NAMM's coming up' date=' those guys must know something.(?) I've always thought speech clips would be hilarious but I guess it's a storage thing. [/quote']

I had a bit of time and took some pictures of a guitar that I'm currently building (its an acoustic, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself). I uploaded the pics from my camera, opened one with plain old MS Paint, changed the pixel resolution and saved it. The original was 3.18M, the new one is 500K which fits nicely in the HC criterea. I started a new thread at the AG and stuck the picture in it

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-42/32130229-making-my-dream-guitar-and-a-test

Seems to work fine and this is no more work that uploading to Photobucket so maybe I can continue to post some pictures.

Sorry about being so owly-growly earlier.

Archived