Something new...

RaVenCAD

• Members

I'm looking for something new guitar wise.. I have a MIA Strat, a nice Les Paul, a Jem, an old Kramer, and a few more various guitars right now, but I want something different. Something unusual. No I don't mean a crazy meatlhead guitar. I just traded a Warlock I never bothered playing. Maybe some kind of offset? Something else? Suggest some kooky guitars for me to consider please. Price range is $500-700 probably.

​Yes, a Tele is being considered. Got a line on a Fender Baja Tele for $550 with the case and some upgrades.. Is that a decent price?

• Members

Depending on the condition of your back, I would suggest finding an old Ibanez Artist 100. My 81 weighs in at just under 11 lbs. My 84, around the 11.4 mark. Both were in the 500-600 range.

​Gibson Blueshawk. Around the 600 mark. 2 P90's, a vol/tone control, and a varitone switch.

​Hunt thru feebay, and get a D'Angelico Hollow body. KILLER playing guitar, and different then what you have.

• Members

have a look at eastwood guitars

https://eastwoodguitars.com/

current reproduction of 60s offset guitars

there is a lot of new and unusual from different price ranges to choose from.

somehow i have a little gas for an airline folksstar, some kind of electric dobro guitar to play da blooz...

edit: oh i forgot to tell, enter the page at your own risk, cause its very dangerous G.A.S. wise :)

• Members

I have an acoustic and I do love it. Tough to get a great acoustic in the price range I'm looking at right now. I have been storing an Ibanez Pat Methany model for a buddy and I've tried to like it but it just does nothing for me. I'm just not a hollowbody guy I guess.

• Members

Here's my picks for inexpensive something different. The Blacktop pups are ok, but grab some TV Classics and go to town.

I have a a couple of Gretsch from the Professional Collection. They are very nice.

Can't get it on with a Bigsby, add some looking tuners to it. Bigsbys you caress like a lover in the morning, but with locking tuners you can knock it around a bit, like a Saturday night street whore.

Guaranteed to please.

mffisararktbn8tmwlhk.jpg

rimsfmc9njitrbbn9n6k.jpg

• Members

Well, my guitar budget took a beating from another purchase, so I ended up going with something completely out of character. I'm now officially a bass player. Bought myself an Ibanez SR405. Not sure I'm allowed to do an NBD here, but I might post some pics anyway. It's black and it's beautiful.

• Members

Congratulations and Happy New Bass Day. :thu: Ibanez makes a nice bass and I'm sure you'll be happy with yours. I play some bass myself. Yes, by all means post pics. I for one don't mind a NBD and you could probably get away with posting one in the Bass Forum too since it's not super active.

Archived