Guitar as Banjo

Chordite

• Members

I don't know how he did it but a former guitarist for our praise band played a HSS Ibanez with the middle pickup through a Peavey modelling amp. There were times when it sounded an awful lot like a banjo. No idea what effects/model he was using.

• Members
I don't know how he did it but a former guitarist for our praise band played a HSS Ibanez with the middle pickup through a Peavey modelling amp. There were times when it sounded an awful lot like a banjo. No idea what effects/model he was using.

Logically it would be the opposite of the settings you use for sustain. (dial up the decompression and underdrive:)

Or maybe as simple as fingering on the frets instead of behind them?

• Members
Logically it would be the opposite of the settings you use for sustain. (dial up the decompression and underdrive:)

Or maybe as simple as fingering on the frets instead of behind them?

Beats me. Mike left our church months ago and I haven't heard from him since, otherwise I'd ask him what settings/technique he uses. I don't think it was intentional, I think it just sounded like it was.

• Members

There's a new version of the Guitar Jo, coming. The inventor has a GO FUND me site.

For a limited time, GUITAR-JO is available through Kickstarter! Pledge certain dollar amounts to get one or more GUITAR-JO units and other rewards.

de1f8dd720e72b56d728064a6f355bd6_original.jpg?crop=faces&w=1024&h=576&fit=crop&v=1510162857&auto=format&q=92&s=36c73ca804bbc1798eb99bda86006583

Archived