I bet that I'm not the only one that thought the Hotone Skyline Grass is a TS thing?

2+2=5

• Members

I guess there would be plenty many of people think that pedal is a tube-screamer variant. The name, the color. It’s just so natural to associate the “Grass” pedal with Tube-Screamer. After all, they have the same color.

To be honest, I’m among those guys who thought it was TS variant. And if you are a guitar pedal company, it just make no sense if you don’t have a TS variant.

After trying one, I was dazed and confused. It just doesn’t feel like it. It’s much smoother and milder than a TS. I thought they are taking the mids boost thingy of Tube-Screamer. But still, don't feel like it. Then I tried it in front a hi-gain amp, it still doesn’t sound like you put a TS in front it.

And then, I went to their website to check some info. It’s said on their website that it’s a DUMBLE variant.

DAMN! No wonder, it doesn't feel like a Screamer.

But for a Dumble tone, that thing works TOTALL fine. And a dumble amp is about millions times the price of Grass. It would be unfair to ask Grass to sound like a Dumble, or at least, at the same ballpark.

But for that price, around 50 bucks, what more can you ask?! Right?!

:cool:

Archived