Plans for the day, participate

satmanjf@gmail.com

• Members

Already in motion. Drinking beer, listening to Killers and number of the beast, its complicated . polishing my 4 guitars, 2 are in pawn, again its complicated. The ole ladys at work. Maiden is cranked. I keep thinking about the guy that has 71 or 72 guitars on here. I hope he has a guitar tech at home :) Rock to ya brother.

• Members

I spent the morning in the climbing gym with my wife, then we took a short walk in the rain. I have a classical on the work bench for a setup - that will be the guitar I play tonight (testing, you know). Working on Chet's version of Starry Starry Night, probably will futz around with some jazz chords and scales. Will listen to my Pandora jazz station when we have dinner - there is a nice bottle of syrah set out. Life is good

• Members

Opened up samsung camera which I blew up inserting the wrong usb lead, same size different connections :( Annoying because I had recently fitted a new LCD screen to it and it was good to keep in the car for those things that you see on your travels.

Wrote a nice classical riff on the Korg out of an A#6

Made a good beef stew in the crockpot.

Buying a new sofa and trying to get rid of the old one which is on it's end in the room like the 2001 monolith.

Bought 8 photography books for £2 the lot including a good one on Monochrome for DSLR in the charity shop that agreed to take the sofa but they can't collect for a week. Which gives me a week to reach out my finger and become the next stage in human evolution, or at least to get past writers block half way through the novel I'm writing.

And now I am going to bed because it is midnight in the UK :)

• Members

Yesterday actually turned out kind of weird. The classical that I was supposed to work on is way too dry so it went into its case with a couple of sponges. I'll look at it in a month.

Practiced some scales and worked on Stormy Monday on the Lester. I was given a bunch of DR strings to try out so I restrung the 000 (might do an evaluation at the AG), then noodled around with it most of the evening. In honor of the Crossroads thread I put it in open G and played some RJ stuff.

Now the weird part. This has nothing to do with guitars, except maybe as a warning to people who buy/sell on Craigslist. I took some pictures of some sporting goods that I wanted to sell, specifically some ski boots and bindings. Within 20 minutes of posting the ad I had a text asking to send information to an e-mail addy. The text area code was northern Virginia, I'm in Washington state - the stuff I have for sale is pretty esoteric and I think needs to be looked at in person. Sent the e-mail with my name and address and a link to the ad (my address is also in the ad), get a return e-mail that "I want to buy your (insert exact title of my ad) and I'll pay $50 more and if you send me your address my husband will send a certified check....." Some typos and bad punctuation, but that is the new norm, eh? Anyway, I returned the message, told them that would prefer to sell face to face, got one more rather strange message which I'm ignoring. Interesting that if you look at the warnings on Craigslist this almost perfectly fits one of their scam profiles.

Archived