Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i get grommets for floyd rose locking nuts?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i get grommets for floyd rose locking nuts?

It's the one you put with the screws that go to the rear of the neck. I think my Ibanez S470 needs one cuz I want to increase sustain. it has a lo-trs 2 trem that's kinda light. where can I get these grommets?
    Last edited by mbengs1; 10-30-2017, 08:42 PM.

Somebody named Chang's got 'em. Has a shop someplace around here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chang_521x600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	32092277
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post
      Somebody named Chang's got 'em. Has a shop someplace around here.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

There are no grommets for the Ibanez. The Hex bolts go thru the neck, to the locking nut.
        My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762
        Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Comment

I don't think he knows what the parts are and is simply inventing a new name for them

These are Grommets. They are typically found on Tents, canvases and pickup truck covers. There are two sides to them, a male and female and you pound the two together with a hammer or press like a rivet. Or they can screw together or be soldered together.

Sorry I've never seen anything close to it on a guitar in any shape or size.

Name:	2017_10_31_19_28_251.jpg
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	32092593

This is a typical Floyd nut. They contain Hex screws, Square washers on top, Square threaded bolts, and/or threaded base, usually shims and whatever screws are used to mount it.

There are no grommets

This one is a whopping $2 on EBay. Its not even worth putting up a post if its worn, just but a new one. While you're at it, buy a Philips screw driver and learn how to twist screws. It sure ain't rocket science changing one out but I suppose some people are technically handicapped when it comes to twisting a screwdriver.

Name:	2017_10_31_19_36_094.jpg
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	32092594

Comment

• badpenguin
            badpenguin commented
            Editing a comment
            But but but..... what about our daily fit of laughter with his inane questions? What will we do then????

Maybe he meant rubber grommets

Comment

You could ask Wallace where he got his.

Comment

I think theyre called 'washer's too. the point is to protect the neck from cracking at the back of the locking nut. it also increases sustain and resonance.

Comment

If you need steel flat washers,any hardware store should have them

Comment

What Gardo said. And no, they don't increase anything, other then weight.
                  My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762
                  Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Comment

Working...
                  X