I am going to ask you fine players and all round good persons to give me a "music lesson" :) if you would be so kind... thanks :) quite a lot . actually :)

crustoleum

• Members

I kind of understand a very slightly little about guitars and music. More than most persons, maybe , but I am 1000000 miles from being ":good , and "accomplished" , I simply put , just like guitars ...all kinds , actually :) Well , I'll try to put this question as OK as I can . I kind of know the major and minor chords , a few chord shapes , up and down the neck , well ,maybe more than a ":few" actually 7th chords and such. But I also know ":5ths" but not too many as well as 9ths and 13ths .,. I kind of need to know how to use them ...augmented and diminished too...Are there any other "chords" or forms ? these are what Ive "seen" major , minor , augmented , diminished "plus" and "add" things, 5ths , 6ths , 7ths , 9ths and 13ths...are there "others" ? maybe ? ...why are there no 4ths or 8ths or 14tths 15ths , 16ths 17ths and so on ? Just bit curious this fine evening :) any one care to elucidate ? Again , thanks for any and all reply's :)

Archived