If you were to obtain another EG , what might you obtain ?

crustoleum

• Members

I can agree with that. 100% Oh yes I do :) But , I also enjoy diversity , I guess , and the subtle elation of knowing that there is one more , somewhere , waiting for someone to get it...like me , maybe :) but yes indeed , 100% . I will now practice , while I wait :):)

• Members

I'm always on the lookout for the old vintage Japanese stuff I can pick up cheap Basically just to restomod them, kind of a hobby. Cant really devalue them as they weren't worth squat to begin with. So really cant say what pops up, just know I'll be buying others if the price is right. Have enough high end electrics already so I'm taking the low road now. Must be at least 20 electrics around here,

• Members

I'm perfectly happy with the two electric guitars that I own right now - an LP clone and a jazz box - but I get bored when I'm not out in the shop making sawdust. I've got a partially built Barncaster (that might go to a forumite) and an old koa coffee table that someone gave me that I keep thinking would make a cool Bigsby type guitar AND an electric mandolin. Don't have any idea what I would do with them if I built them.... Keep thinking about building a lap steel - maybe an 8 string. And a friend of a friend picked up my card the other day and said he was interested in having something built.

• Members
I'm looking at a Sheraton ' date=' soon :) maybe :) [/quote']

Gotta have a Jazzmaster. I've put it off for other guitars at better prices.

I always wanted one. I need that sound. Right now I approximate it ad hoc it with a Jazzmaster patch

on a synth and a different electric w/pedals.

Gonna get one this year or next.

• Members

Argggg! Absolutely Not! They must retain their vintage aura, I wont even refinish them in most cases, Leave them checked and distressed, They just look old and beat up. Everything under the hood is high performance though Pots, tuners and such are junk in most cases and go into the round file. some pups and such go into the special box for later use, I'm not that stupid, I know which ones to leave stock.

https://imgur.com/a/xDc9R

• Members

One of the guitar places near here , the guy has about 20 old Japanese things around. He rebuilds as well as builds guitars pro business , very excellent craftsman , indeed . I look at them when I go there. I may ask him to fix a few for me...He has a very nice place ...quite actually link . hope Phil don't mind...this guy is great , imho actually oh yes he is :) no affiliation to the business at all ...just a well , a good guitar fixing guy :) imho :)http://www.guitardoctor.com

• Members

Badpenguin "Never seen that particular model. Now that you wet my appetite, what the hell is it? And where can I get one?"

They did a few models with that neck body arrangement That one seems to have a Thunder headstock. Meanwhile here is a similarly svelte Westone Pantera to drool over. :)

Full set of pics on the link below.

https://www.gbase.com/gear/westone-u...ne-pantera-x-3

• Members

I like the look of the PRS SE Custom 22 Semihollow, especially the older ones with the crescent shaped hole rather than a traditional F-hole. Might be a cool guitar but I haven't played one and I don't play electric near as much as acoustic.

I've got a pretty decent assortment of electrics. I don't really need any more, but I have been tempted by the new Les Paul Tributes... they just really appeal to me.

Outside of wanting (not needing - I already have a Les Paul) one of those, I also would love to have a non reverse body Firebird with P90s. I've also always liked the original Explorers - a reissue would be cool to have, but again... it's not something I really need or can justify right now.

Beyond that, the only other electric guitars I'd like to eventually add would be a lap steel and maybe a pedal steel.

I also need a decent nylon string, but that's a guitar for another thread on another day... ;)

• Members
I like the look of the PRS SE Custom 22 Semihollow' date=' especially the older ones with the crescent shaped hole rather than a traditional F-hole. Might be a cool guitar but I haven't played one and I don't play electric near as much as acoustic.[/quote']

I don't have a semi hollowbody PRS, but I have an older Custom 22.

I went through about 20 PSR guitars, including some McCarty's, some Custom 24's and the Custom 22's. Bought the one that spoke to me the most and said take me home. They are very nicely made, and a nice compromise. A little bit like a Gibson LP and a bit like a Strat and with some Telecaster tone in there for good measure.

I can't even remember when I bought it, but it must be 15-20 years ago now.

I like straight up LP's and SG's, strats and Tele's better

fetch?filedataid=127646

• Members
. . . They are very nicely made' date=' and a nice compromise. A little bit like a Gibson LP and a bit like a Strat and with some Telecaster tone in there for good measure. . . .[/quote']

That's what I like about my Schecter. It's basically a hardtail Strat with two humbuckers (splittable) so it covers the ground I want. You can find the P90 version of the SE Custom 22 Semihollow for $350 or so, which is not bad, especially if you're like me and can't justify a huge investment in an electric. The humbucker version is $50-100 more, I guess people don't like P90s.

Archived