Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were to obtain another EG , what might you obtain ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were to obtain another EG , what might you obtain ?

I'm looking at a Sheraton , soon maybe

I have more than enough electric guitars (10) it is skills I need to obtain.
    I long ago learned the lesson that the road to better playing is not more guitars, it is a few good guitars and a lot of practice

Comment

• crustoleum
      crustoleum commented
      Editing a comment
      I can agree with that. 100% Oh yes I do But , I also enjoy diversity , I guess , and the subtle elation of knowing that there is one more , somewhere , waiting for someone to get it...like me , maybe but yes indeed , 100% . I will now practice , while I wait

I'm always on the lookout for the old vintage Japanese stuff I can pick up cheap Basically just to restomod them, kind of a hobby. Cant really devalue them as they weren't worth squat to begin with. So really cant say what pops up, just know I'll be buying others if the price is right. Have enough high end electrics already so I'm taking the low road now. Must be at least 20 electrics around here,

Comment

• Chordite
      Chordite commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you are not taking power tools to my beloved Westones !.

• doublecross
      doublecross commented
      Editing a comment
      Argggg! Absolutely Not! They must retain their vintage aura, I wont even refinish them in most cases, Leave them checked and distressed, They just look old and beat up. Everything under the hood is high performance though Pots, tuners and such are junk in most cases and go into the round file. some pups and such go into the special box for later use, I'm not that stupid, I know which ones to leave stock.
      https://imgur.com/a/xDc9R

• crustoleum
      crustoleum commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the guitar places near here , the guy has about 20 old Japanese things around. He rebuilds as well as builds guitars pro business , very excellent craftsman , indeed . I look at them when I go there. I may ask him to fix a few for me...He has a very nice place ...quite actually link . hope Phil don't mind...this guy is great , imho actually oh yes he is no affiliation to the business at all ...just a well , a good guitar fixing guy imho http://www.guitardoctor.com

I'm perfectly happy with the two electric guitars that I own right now - an LP clone and a jazz box - but I get bored when I'm not out in the shop making sawdust. I've got a partially built Barncaster (that might go to a forumite) and an old koa coffee table that someone gave me that I keep thinking would make a cool Bigsby type guitar AND an electric mandolin. Don't have any idea what I would do with them if I built them.... Keep thinking about building a lap steel - maybe an 8 string. And a friend of a friend picked up my card the other day and said he was interested in having something built.

Comment

Me like this

Comment

Originally posted by crustoleum View Post
        Gotta have a Jazzmaster. I've put it off for other guitars at better prices.

I always wanted one. I need that sound. Right now I approximate it ad hoc it with a Jazzmaster patch
        on a synth and a different electric w/pedals.

Gonna get one this year or next.
        Last edited by Etienne Rambert; 10-27-2017, 07:18 PM.
        He has escaped! Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

Since I mention Westones I would love one of these:

Comment

• badpenguin
            badpenguin commented
            Editing a comment
            Never seen that particular model. Now that you wet my appetite, what the hell is it? And where can I get one?

• Phil O'Keefe
            Phil O'Keefe commented
            Editing a comment
            Aren't those from the 80s or 90s? I think I've seen those before, but it's been a long time. Are they discontinued?

Personnnaly, I am not looking at anything right now, and have no desire to get one. That being said however, if I see something that peaks my interest..... why not? There IS a Casio MG510 that has my eye on cl...............................
          My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762
          Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Comment

I'd love one of these:

https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/raven/

Comment

I just picked up a Dean Evo Dragster, which I'm having a lot of fun with. Next, I either want to pick up a Tregan Signature series Syren, or this...
              http://www.diamondguitars.com/bird-o...fm-ultraviolet
              Proud member: BC Rich Brigade
              Equiperate EMGers Club

Gear Used:
              BC Rich Beast (EMG 81/85 PA-2)
              Peavey 6505/Randall 4x12
              Caline Purple Smoke
              Dunlop Gcb-95
              DigiTech Whammy
              BBE Sonic Stomp
              ISP Decimator

Hellion=Dr. METAL.

EG

Originally Posted by J-E-M
              Use a wah pedal so you can fully express the cry-baby inside

Good Deal with: Twisty571

Comment

Originally posted by crustoleum View Post

I'm on it now, but in no hurry.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Badpenguin "Never seen that particular model. Now that you wet my appetite, what the hell is it? And where can I get one?"

They did a few models with that neck body arrangement That one seems to have a Thunder headstock. Meanwhile here is a similarly svelte Westone Pantera to drool over.
                  Full set of pics on the link below.

https://www.gbase.com/gear/westone-u...ne-pantera-x-3
                  Last edited by Chordite; 10-29-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• badpenguin
                    badpenguin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Pantera's I've seen, and thought, they were ok, but with that Thunder/Cardinal headstock, it's a looker!

update Yep It was a 1983 Thunder III
                  Here is the source article

http://guitarz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...under-iii.html

Comment

I like the look of the PRS SE Custom 22 Semihollow, especially the older ones with the crescent shaped hole rather than a traditional F-hole. Might be a cool guitar but I haven't played one and I don't play electric near as much as acoustic.
                    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                    Member of the Schecter Society
                    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I've got a pretty decent assortment of electrics. I don't really need any more, but I have been tempted by the new Les Paul Tributes... they just really appeal to me.

Outside of wanting (not needing - I already have a Les Paul) one of those, I also would love to have a non reverse body Firebird with P90s. I've also always liked the original Explorers - a reissue would be cool to have, but again... it's not something I really need or can justify right now.

Beyond that, the only other electric guitars I'd like to eventually add would be a lap steel and maybe a pedal steel.

I also need a decent nylon string, but that's a guitar for another thread on another day...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                      X