New Traded Guitar Day!!!

badpenguin

• Members

So I walked into the local pawn shop Monday, expecting the usual supply of typical Squiers, Epiphones, and other crap, and was pleasantly surprised to see a 1979 Peavey T-40 bass sitting there. I have NO need for another bass, but I had to check it out. All original, no damage, nothing really wrong with it that a minor setup couldn't fix.... AND a case. Hmmm how much I wondered. then I saw the price, and it came home with me. (150 out the door!)

​Tuesday, I go down south to my favorite vintage shop with the bass and two other guitars I like, but never really play. a 94 Ibanez Talman 630, and a 73 Univox Gimme. And after a while of playing, chatting, playing some more, some hair pulling, a bit more playing, a few minutes of, "Come on, I KNOW you didn't pay that for this!" "Oh, how do YOU know what I paid?" "Because of what you are offering for them...." I finally walked out the door with this.....

​A1984 Ibanez Artist AR100CS.

​All original, 1 piece mahogany back, 2 piece flame maple top, (NOT veneer) 3 piece maple neck, Brazilian rosewood board, original Super 58 pickups with the push/push coil taps, AND a new sparkling hardshell case! Best trade ever? Financially, no, not really, it was fairish. A trade to keep, and enjoy for a LONG time? Oh hell yea!

​It's heavy. I mean it's HEAVY. Like 11 lbs of soulful sustain and tone heavy. You can easily strum a chord, smoke a cig, have a cup of coffee, wait for the drummer to finish his solo, and it's till ringing. The Super 58's are a bit brighter then the V2's in the original 81 I have, and the bridge and tuners are a different design. I normally won't own 2 of the same model guitars, but it's different enough to be in a league of it's own.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32090312[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32090313[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32090314[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32090315[/ATTACH]

• Members

I like it. even though the stop bar and that little triangle decoration ae a bit too fancy for my taste. Overall the style is well proportioned and it just begs to be played.loud,really loud.

once again you've got a good eye

• Members

That, my friend, is a 2015 D'Angelico EXL-SH1 that I picked up off of feebay for 130 shipped to the door. I had all the pieces sitting in my parts drawer. It had a SERIOUS headstock break that the repair work was done, but not the pretty work. I am slowly doing the pretty on it. it has Duncan Jazz in the neck, but I may replace it with a Shadow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32091521[/ATTACH]

Archived