No announcement yet.

New Traded Guitar Day!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Traded Guitar Day!!!

So I walked into the local pawn shop Monday, expecting the usual supply of typical Squiers, Epiphones, and other crap, and was pleasantly surprised to see a 1979 Peavey T-40 bass sitting there. I have NO need for another bass, but I had to check it out. All original, no damage, nothing really wrong with it that a minor setup couldn't fix.... AND a case. Hmmm how much I wondered. then I saw the price, and it came home with me. (150 out the door!)

​Tuesday, I go down south to my favorite vintage shop with the bass and two other guitars I like, but never really play. a 94 Ibanez Talman 630, and a 73 Univox Gimme. And after a while of playing, chatting, playing some more, some hair pulling, a bit more playing, a few minutes of, "Come on, I KNOW you didn't pay that for this!" "Oh, how do YOU know what I paid?" "Because of what you are offering for them...." I finally walked out the door with this.....

​A1984 Ibanez Artist AR100CS.
    ​All original, 1 piece mahogany back, 2 piece flame maple top, (NOT veneer) 3 piece maple neck, Brazilian rosewood board, original Super 58 pickups with the push/push coil taps, AND a new sparkling hardshell case! Best trade ever? Financially, no, not really, it was fairish. A trade to keep, and enjoy for a LONG time? Oh hell yea!

​It's heavy. I mean it's HEAVY. Like 11 lbs of soulful sustain and tone heavy. You can easily strum a chord, smoke a cig, have a cup of coffee, wait for the drummer to finish his solo, and it's till ringing. The Super 58's are a bit brighter then the V2's in the original 81 I have, and the bridge and tuners are a different design. I normally won't own 2 of the same model guitars, but it's different enough to be in a league of it's own.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0018.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	32090312

Name:	GEDC0019.JPG
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	32090313

Name:	GEDC0020.JPG
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	32090314

Name:	GEDC0021.JPG
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	32090315
    My Music: www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=440762
    Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Those artist's are fantastic!

Nice grab.
    Listen...

Comment

Looks good to me ...but , what is that Epiphone thing hanging back there ?

Comment

• badpenguin
        badpenguin commented
        Editing a comment
        No Epi there, the SG looking thing is a 1972/3 Electra 2259, made by Terada for Mattsumoku
        Last edited by badpenguin; 10-29-2017, 01:46 PM.

You also appear to enjoy , maybe , caring for cool guitars , while you are "here" 50 or more ..well right on , actually. What is your most favorite one ? or , like me , they are all your favorite what one do you pick up the most ?

Comment

There's about ten, that get regular rotation. Paul custom, L6s, Guild s300d, Gary Kramer Simulator, Manoman paul clone, Ric 330, ES139, Ibanez JS700, and a few others
        Some of my guitars: 64 or so Domino Beatle bass; 73 Ibanez 2398; 79 Epiphone Genesis; 79 Manoman; 99 Ric 330; 78 Gibson L6S; 95 Ibanez JS-700; 04 Samick Lasalle JZ3: 05 Ibanez AS73; 81 Paul Custom, 07 Gary Kramer Simulator T and about 50 others.

Comment

Played one of the AR100's back in the late 80's thru mid 90's, Horse traded it for a 90 SG custom, Worst trade I ever made. Still kick myself over that one,
          Last edited by doublecross; 10-27-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I like it. even though the stop bar and that little triangle decoration ae a bit too fancy for my taste. Overall the style is well proportioned and it just begs to be played.loud,really loud.
            once again you've got a good eye

Comment

OK BP , may I then ask , what is the thing with the "frequensator" style tail piece thing ? Cool guitars with that thing on there , in my humble opinion
              Last edited by crustoleum; 10-29-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

That, my friend, is a 2015 D'Angelico EXL-SH1 that I picked up off of feebay for 130 shipped to the door. I had all the pieces sitting in my parts drawer. It had a SERIOUS headstock break that the repair work was done, but not the pretty work. I am slowly doing the pretty on it. it has Duncan Jazz in the neck, but I may replace it with a Shadow.

Name:	GEDC0029.JPG
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	32091521

Comment

Congratulations. Lovely guitar. Happy New Guitar Day.
                  Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                  Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                  Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                  Member of the Schecter Society
                  Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
                  X