Electro Harmonic B9 Organ pedal set up

Mjf222

• Members

Hi all,

I am adding a B9 to my setup. I want to run this separate from my pedal board to avoid numerous pedal adjustments when switching back and forth.. I have two amps so that is an option. Any recommendations on the best setup to accomplish this? Do I go the two amp route or do I use a switch to go from pedal board 1 to pedal board 2 (B9). Any recommendations on how to best accomplish this would be great!!!!

Thanks

• Members
Ok' date=' as you know, the B9 has two outs, one is B9, the other, clean. Depending on your rig, and your needs, should be easy to add anywhere in your set up. I STRONGLY recommend using a compressor BEFORE the B9. [/quote']

I found that to be true as well; basically stumbled upon that. I also found that even some moderate OD helps smooth the tracking of the B9, and they also help to reduce the annoying key click feature that's all too present (IMO) on the Hammond B3 model, i.e. 4. Classic Rock.

So you can use it in chain, since some of those foundation pedals do seem to aid the B9's tone, or for now, in my music room, I have the effect out going to a separate solid state amp for more tonal separation.

• Members

I have 1 of thise things :) What an interesting noise maker that thing is. Thanks for the"tips" all :) yes thank you indeed:) Now , I have more "sound experiments" to work on :) Again , thanks . I do believe Electro-Harmonix noise makers are quite fun things , and the noise they make is right on, as it should be. I just recently obtained a "tube zipper" thing , among others a "POG" as wll as a few other non EHX things too :) fuzzes , delay , vox wah and some others Yes , I believe imho , that EHX noisemakers are great imho oh yes they are indeed :) I also have their sitar thing and a "cathedral" thing too. I also like Digi-Tech noise makers too..Well , actually , I like them all , no matter who manufactures them , actually :) noise makers make having an electric guitar much more "fun" yes , I believe that is the proper terminology for noise makers fun yes indeed imho :) What do you think ? Me , need more EHX imho soon :)

• Members
I'd put the EHX B9 second in your chain (with a compressor in front of it' date=' like I suggested in my review) and run the dedicated output to a dedicated amp. The rest of your effects pedals can run off the other output from the B9.

Might that also be the proper set up, with the other "organ" noise makers they also manufacture like a "C9" or something , maybe ? or other "things" too ? , like those ":tube zipper" and "POG" things ? others ? thanks :)

Might that also be the proper set up, with the other "organ" noise makers they also manufacture like a "C9" or something , maybe ? or other "things" too ? , like those ":tube zipper" and "POG" things ? others ? thanks :)

Absolutely - if you want to run other synth type or organ type pedals (like the MEL9 or C9) they can go into the same chain as the B9. Same with any effects pedals you want to use to process those synth / organ pedals.

"This" probably should be in the "effects" forum ' date=' maybe. For some reason, , I really don't know why , I like posting about noise makers in the EG forum. Maybe , I might be , a bit unconventional , maybe :) just a little . [/quote']

It would be fine in the effects forum, but it's okay / topical here too. I don't get too picky about that as long as it's half-way close... ;)

Archived