If you run into any threads that show the gray screen...

Phil O'Keefe

Please do me a favor - if you get any threads that have a gray screen and nothing else, please copy the URL for the thread from your browser's address bar and then go to this thread and post a link:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/Off-Topic/OT_The_Political_Party/32076863-some-threads-will-not-open/

That will help the IT folks track it down and fix it - which they'll be doing on Wednesday - we'd have them do it now, but we just sent out a newsletter to over 90k people and we don't want the site to be down when they start clicking on the links in it... sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry about that Freeman.

There is definitely an issue with embedding videos. Links don't cause any problems, but if you embed a video with the [ video ] [ /video ] tags (which is what the system defaults to), the gray screen issue happens to the thread... apparently using the [ youtube ] tags will work, and don't seem to be causing the gray screen problem - I've reported all of that to the IP folks, who I believe will be working on things some more today. Hopefully they'll get everything working again soon.

• Members

When it first started (right after the latest upgrade) it was graying out entire sub forums. I tried to scroll to the DIY subforum from Home>Forum and the whole screen was gray. Now it just seems to be certain threads.

While the propeller heads are working on this, it might be a good time to work on the "Working..." hang. Again, you can work around it by refreshing or exiting and re-entering, but thats been a bug for far too long.

Archived