between Ibanez Artcore VS Gibson LP Faded 2017 T

uglykid

• Members

I known that this may be silly question since I compare between two of different kind. but I just decide to buy Ibanez AF75TDG-IV Artcore after my wife she allowed my budget for 1,000 us (right now,I play just for hobby and occasion jam with jazz band gig sometime jam with rock band ) .when I searching for my jazz guitarto replace my steinberger gt. I fall in love with Ibanez AF75TDG-IV Artcore but When I've seen Gibson Les Paul Faded price It made me hard to decide.I used to think that my wife will kill me if I buy les paul (my steinberger buy before we married) but with this LP USA made I can buy with 790 us.So anyone have any idea for my problem?

• Members

I have a Faded T. I love it.

I was shopping for a Mexican Jazzmaster or a Korean Guild Starfire.

I saw the prices for US-made LP's and bought one instead. And I'm glad I did. It's a superb instrument. And it was $200 cheaper than the imported

competition I was considering.

It will retain its value better than the Ibanez too. You will LOVE the neck.

The 490 R & T pickups will do a good job on Jazz. And the playability is likely much better than the Ibanez. The Fadeds are PLEK'd guitars.

Here is Sweetwater's pic of the one I bought--followed by Gibson's pic

of the guitar at the final inspection station.

I never cared about Les Pauls. Never wanted one.

But at the price - I took a chance for a US-made guitar.

Even my local repair guy said it was set-up and playable

out of the box.

• Members

The Artcore I tried was a very nice guitar definitely not 'second place' to a Gibson . However I will always recommend playing the individual guitar you are going to buy because no matter how tight the production process every guitar is a little bit different and up at that price level it matters because it is a 'commitment' not just a purchase, it's gotta feel right because trading a 'wrong un' is probably going to have a three figure overhead.

• Members
I'd go with what you "fell in love" with unless you play an LP and fall in love with that too.

^ This would be my advice as well. Either guitar might serve you well but the Ibanez is a known commodity. If you've played it and it felt and sounded right, it's the one you should buy.

Archived