Fender Prosonic amps

jtr654

Do you mean +4dBm / -10dBV? :)

I honestly don't know what level they run the effects loop on that amp at... I tried checking the Fender Prosonic amp manual (which you can find here: https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us/...uals-Archived- ) but it doesn't say, except to mention that the effects send can also be used as a line output - but since both are "line levels", that doesn't clear things up either.

A call to Fender might be your best bet for getting an accurate answer at this point. Or keep the amp's volume levels reasonable, plug a delay pedal (or similar) into the loop and see if it distorts. If it does, the loop is probably designed for +4dBm line levels (rack effects) and is too hot for pedals... if not, then you should be fine running pedals, which run at a lower level.

A good tech can probably fairly easily mod the loop so it is running at the proper level for whatever you want to use with it - if it's not there already.

As far as the Prosonic, I always thought those were cool amps. Congrats, and HNAD!

• Members

I've got some Rack gear I just use chorus and delay. I never even heard of these amps until a band I was in fronted Wishbone Ash and Andy used 2 in stereo. Like the power amp drive sound he got clean with sustain and articulate with some real depth to it.This one is a 1999 model so the poping between channel had already been addressed . And Yes +4 , -10 what was I thinking.

Try the rack gear and see how it works. You won't hurt anything. If it's noisy and quieter than usual, even after you trim up the I/O levels on the rack gear, then it's probably set for -10dBV. If the noise level is low and the volume is normal or close to it, it's set up for +4, and you should be fine.

Either way, please let me know - now I'm curious!

The Rack gear works great so yes it is +4dbm. My Room pedal went crazy when put into the send/return and now it isn't working very well.

You just did the electronic equivalent of running a boost pedal into the front end of it. It will cause it to clip because the input is boosted, but if you don't keep doing it all the time / do it to excess, it shouldn't hurt anything.

What type of "room pedal" are we talking about?

• Members

Played out last night and the EX loop Is linked to the Volume pot so it over loaded the rack gear.so I plugged it in the front end . It took almost all night to dial it in to a reasonable Tone . This amp is not a Plug in and play unit.The gain channel has way to much gain for me only turned Gain 1 up to 2 1/3 used the master for getting it to a level that was close and the clean channel I need really work with also although it's close . The tone I go for is fairly clean, articulate with depth and sustain like a single ended Marshall or the Pro Juniors that I've been using . Maybe a tubes change and or speaker change who knows?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Well I changed one of the speakers for a Celestion Gold and it helped a little. The biggest change was using a 5751 in V1 and it brought out the sparkle and jangle I was looking for on the clean channel. It also tamed the 1st gain on the 2nd channel so its a smoother transition of gain. No longer 1 to 2 1/3 now it 3+(as much as you want) and it retains the articulation that you have with the clean channel.

Archived