Has "playing" your electric guitar ever got you "any" ? ? :) :)

crustoleum

• Members

I was a "road technician": at one point in time :) , yes , I like that : ""road technician" : :) I'd try, and sometimes "succeed" :) while the band played on... , a "few" :) times :) good times :)

keep on playing....I'm kind of :busy: now , making sure there is enough "room" in the back of the van :) ..You all sound great. :) Keep on playing...it's still early :) I'm "cleaning" out the back of the van :)

• Members

Started playing music when I was 7. Either I was thinking ahead or I actually enjoyed making music.

I will say the #1 cause of bands breaking up was the musicians inability to keep their personal life out of their music. Its like any other job, when you let women or any other personal issues interfere you are no longer able to maintain your focus on making music.

• Members

I don't really know "'personalities " too well, I can see how "involvements" could lead to well "distraction" maybe...most likely. i wonder who in business became "distracted" Michael Jackson maybe maybe not...who else ? if i was big never will happen but I do believe it would be rather difficult, being as such , and in that position how could a guy not become "distracted" human nature maybe

what do you think ?

• Members

Music....

You won't get PAID

and you won't get LAID

*edit* I know, that sounds bitter. Actually, I've been paid for playing a few times. I never met any females via music mostly because I usually had a very possessive jealous girlfriend when I was playing out, and our music genre didn't really appeal to young ladies.

• Members

I would have quit being in bands (but not music) years ago if it hadn't been "profitable." :-)

Seriously, the list would be long. Now, I would be afraid of all the things you can either catch or die from. Back then, I was superman and not afraid of anything. The difference is wisdom. Then again, I am a child of the sixties and times were very, very different, except in the area of pay. Then, we would get around $100-150 a person. It is almost the same now, but it doesn't go as far as it did. Some things NEVER change.

Archived