Bit of a dorky rave about great customer service...

strayGoat

• Members

So I ordered a $22 guitar stand earlier today from Sweetwater. Later, I received a call from the rep to let me know it has already shipped and should be arriving on/around Tuesday. Then he asked how my previous purchase (another guitar stand that I ordered a month or so ago) was holding up.

Full disclosure: I have no stake in Sweetwater, don't know anyone there, etc.

I'm just always impressed by their consistently fantastic customer service. I've bought a couple of guitars from them in the past, and it amazes me that they invest the same time and effort in following up with customers about the purchase of a guitar cord or an inexpensive stand, etc. This is why if I'm inclined to purchase anything music-related online, I tend to check whether it's available from Sweetwater first.

Also, despite the inordinate amount of bashing Gibson seems to take, I have to say that I've only had to contact their customer service folks once. They responded super-quickly and could not have been nicer or more generous.

These things make an impression on me.

• Members

Guess I've been pretty fortunate. While a few retailers are particular standouts in terms of customer service, I almost never encounter what I would call "bad" service. There have been only two awful exceptions in 15 years of hacking away at various guitars: One really awful experience on eBay, and one with one of the major online retailers. But that's two out of scores of transactions. Not bad.

• Members
It is one of those perversities of commerce that when I think it is going to be the consumer battle of the century it is sweetness and light' date=' and when it is simple return of a 5 buck dud item it almost goes to full litigation.[/quote']

I've gone to a store with a complaint ready for battle ,only to have them agree and gladly make it right. The strange thing is that even though I got exactly what I wanted I was still somehow disappointed that things went so well

Archived