Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another question What guitar that you no longer have, do you wish you still had ? acoustic or electric

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually got 3 Epiphone LP's for that tin bucket was a cool guitar oh well, love my Epiphone guitars

Comment

only "Agile: guitar I've ever played , was a wicked thing, blues slide open D, G unreal, actually yep , I miss that one
      Last edited by crustoleum; 09-16-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

very nice instruments in this post , thanks all...easy come...
        Last edited by crustoleum; 09-16-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I traded those 3 for "Goldie" which I still have...never say never...but , never

that's my daughter in laws male northern Australian blue tongue Skink , worlds largest species of Skink lizard . She raised it from an egg runs a pet store among other things, docile, eats chicken, probably tastes the same , haven't tried it yet.15 years old, can live for 50 fun pet

gold top Epiphone Riviera P93 my #3 today love this thing

Comment

Originally posted by mistersully View Post
            ... early 80s MIJ Ibanez AS50... super 58 pickups.... fantastic guitar

I had one of those. I agree it is a fantastic guitar.

I traded mine even for a '68 ES-335 which I have had for 30 years.
            As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
            from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

• mistersully
              mistersully commented
              Editing a comment
              well i didn't do nearly as well as you when i parted with mine

• onelife
              onelife commented
              Editing a comment
              I really liked my AS50 and used it on the road for a couple of years. It has a nice unamplified tone and feel which made it ideal fo sitting around in motel rooms watching TV.

I played it through a Master Volume Twin Reverb with an A/B box to switch the channels on the amp - a versatile rig.

No regrets tho - I really like the 335.

• mistersully
              mistersully commented
              Editing a comment
              mine was honestly perfect... just a flawless instrument... if one ever crosses my path again, i'll jump on it

One of my first electrics was a Mansfield goldtop copy that I got while I was in high school. I liked the guitar a lot but was hung up on getiing a 'real' Gibson. When I was in college I got a summer job and the guy at the local music store convinced me to buy a Gibson SG III which was a very low end guitar but it had the Gibson logo on the headstock.

I sold the goldtop to buy the Gibson which was actually a step backwards. Within six months I dumped the SG and began a lifelong relationship with the Fender Stratocaster.

The regret I felt was compounded when I found out the Mansfield goldtop was a rebranded Ibanez from the so-called 'lawsuit' era. I leared a lot of songs and developed a big part of my style on that guitar - which is something I can't say about the real Gibson that replaced it.
            As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
            from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

• crustoleum
              crustoleum commented
              Editing a comment
              in 1964 my friend , directly across the street a few years older than myself , obtained a 63 64 sunbursrt stratocaster and twin reverb. I believe that was the first electric guitar I ever played . He was in a jug band ad liked the Fugs lol I have no idea where he or is "gear" is now . He also had a wah , basically when they first were available and a fuzz thing. Those were the days. I do like my strats ...Stratocasters I dislike that word , love the instrument but dislike typing it out even more
              Last edited by crustoleum; 09-25-2017, 12:39 PM.

It would have to be my Peavy T-60 (1981?).

A. because it was the first electric guitar I ever owned.
            And B. in hindsight it actually had a great tone and playability. I only traded it as part of a Les Paul "upgrade". The Les Paul was awesome but I should have paid the extra $100 and kept the Peavy as a second guitar and for when I wanted a different sound.

The other guitar I regret getting rid of was the Les Paul . It was the 80s, Charvels and Jacksons were king. Oh to be young and stupid again .

Comment

My old 1960's Fender Mustang. Doubt it would see much or any playing time, but nostalgic and would have liked to give it to my daughter.

Comment

There are two. I wish I had hung on to my '65 ES335 12-string. Not a terribly practical guitar, but boy it sounded cool. I sold it to fund a nice drum set, as I was playing more drums than not. Also, my first decent guitar was an 80's Kramer Pacer Special. Floyded guitars are not my bag anymore, but it was a hot rod of a guitar, and would be neat to still own and play now and again.

Comment

Ah . . . the best partscaster I ever put together . . . I'm an SG man now . . . But you never know, I might put together another one like this.
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ilies/wave.gif
                  We built this city on rock an' blow

Comment

Every single one I've ever sold! Jackson Dinky Reverse Pro, Ibanez RG1570, Kramer FR424, multiple MIM Strats... Don't get me started on amps and pedals...
                    Signature...

Comment

Working...
                    X