Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your #1 electric, acoustic? your #1 why ? what amp ? why ?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your #1 electric, acoustic? your #1 why ? what amp ? why ?

this is mine , today. I don't think that will change any time soon. Lives up to it's name
    orange thing
    I use it with a Vaporizer , mostly Vox tonelab ex and voicelive 3 flashback x4 space reverb ...few more...sound effects expeiments miku octave pedal tube zipper sounds unreal actually super upper fret access...# 1

Last edited by crustoleum; 09-11-2017, 03:55 PM.

I like variety. If I had to pick one guitar to play with for the rest of my life, it would be my Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I had a 1976 Gibson L6-S, a 2005 Gibson SG, and played many other Gibsons. This is the winner for me.

Lately, I am playing my Mustang a lot, though. Ever since I performed the hardtail mod, it just filled my need for a more spanky, twangy Fender sound.

Amp wise, I use my Vox AC4 most of the time. For recording, I have my Digitech RP-150 processor. I want to upgrade to the RP360 at some point.

Comment

I have 11 guitars that I rotate pretty equally, I don't stay on one guitar for more than 2-3 weeks. Right now I'm back to playing an SX Strat I got a few months ago.

During Hurricane Harvey I was only out of power for 24 hrs., but I decided to dust off my Zoom G2Nu because it's the only multi-effects pedal I have that can run on batteries, and I've been digging that for about a week now.

Comment

fuzzy "rig" pic hope you don't mind

Comment

Boss thing is a fun tool to jam with , among other things

Comment

thanks for the reply's nice indeed

Comment

Originally posted by humbuckerstrat View Post
              I have 11 guitars that I rotate pretty equally, I don't stay on one guitar for more than 2-3 weeks. Right now I'm back to playing an SX Strat I got a few months ago.

During Hurricane Harvey I was only out of power for 24 hrs., but I decided to dust off my Zoom G2Nu because it's the only multi-effects pedal I have that can run on batteries, and I've been digging that for about a week now.
              HBS do you have any pics ? thanks I like looking at guitars obsession maybe olo dig ?

Comment

My main and only electric is a Schecter Gryphon. My main amp is a Roland Cube 80XL, largely because I'm mainly an acoustic guy so a large investment in an amp doesn't make a lot of sense. My main acoustic is an Ibanez AW120. Sure, nicer gear would be cool but neither my budget nor my level of talent can justify it.
                Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                Member of the Schecter Society
                Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

#1 Guitar - BC Rich Beast in my signature. It fits everything perfectly, except playing sitting down, lol. 25.5", 24 fret, EMGs 18v mod + PA2, Floyd Rose, excellent neck. For what I play, it just fits. I've had it since 02, and it definitely shows the mileage, lol.
                  #1 Amp - Peavey 6505 with Celestion loaded Randall semi-straight 4x12. No amp, IMO, is as Brutal as the 6505. Sure, some are more expensive, have more channels, independent EQs, level knob on the FX Loop, but nothing sounds like a 6505.
                  #1 effect - that's a toss up between the Sonic Stomp and the Whammy. The Sonic Stomp brings all the levels together, and the Whammy is just awesome!
                  Proud member: BC Rich Brigade
                  Equiperate EMGers Club

Gear Used:
                  BC Rich Beast (EMG 81/85 PA-2)
                  Peavey 6505/Randall 4x12
                  Caline Purple Smoke
                  Dunlop Gcb-95
                  DigiTech Whammy
                  BBE Sonic Stomp
                  ISP Decimator

Hellion=Dr. METAL.

EG

Originally Posted by J-E-M
                  Use a wah pedal so you can fully express the cry-baby inside

Good Deal with: Twisty571

Comment

I like the decimator thing it works perfectly for me , great , does what it's supposed to do
                    Last edited by crustoleum; 09-11-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• hellion_213
                      hellion_213 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, keeps noise from being where it shouldn't!

did you get the midi controller thing that hitches to the whammy thing ? I had 1, press the button on it made crash cymbal was a very cool pedal...got a space reverb for trade may re-obtain the latest incarnation , maybe soon was a very cool noise maker

Comment

• hellion_213
                      hellion_213 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, never had the midi controller. Might pick one up. I'm using the Whammy IV right now, I like the effects better than the V, and the Wet Added/Dry Out outputs are pretty killer. But! The five is cool in its own right, traded mine off recently for a Multi-effects and midi controller. The V has a few more settings, is polyphonic, and has a Vintage/Chords switch. The one I'd really like is the combo pedal with the Whammy and Whammy DT. I'd have to buy a new pedalboard to fit it though. But yeah, I can't imagine playing without one in the chain, they're just So Versatile!
                      Last edited by hellion_213; 09-11-2017, 08:34 PM.

FWIW, I've got two electrics - very different. The LP clone suits most of my needs, the archtop challenges me to be a better player. My one and only amp (actually not true, I have one in the shop for testing stuff) is the 6/12 watt British kit behind in a home made box

I have several favorite acoustics and I've posted lots of pictures of them so I won't bore you. I tend to go to the 000-28, 00-17 or 0-42 clones, but I play the ladder braced 12 string and the koa tri cone and the weissie and........

Comment

• Bucksstudent
                      Bucksstudent commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wish I had your skills!

Originally posted by crustoleum View Post
                    HBS do you have any pics ? thanks I like looking at guitars obsession maybe olo dig ?
                    Here are some pix, Crust

The guitar I'm into right now

My "music room" (ie: my bedroom)

A close-up of the Zoom G2Nu and the Zoom footswitch you sent me, crust

Comment

Comment

that thing was and is a great noise maker

Comment

Working...
                        X