Brand ?

satmanjf@gmail.com

• Members

I typically prefer DR Pure Blues - 11-50s. But here of late, they're getting hard to find locally, so I've been using EB Cobalts. Really not happy with them though, even with Fast Fret, my hands stick to them ( I work outside a lot, and have rough hands) I just put a set of Dunlop KFK 10-52s on, and played a gig with them. I have to say, so far I'm sold. I can't speak of the longevity yet, but they feel awesome, stretched in nicely, were stable for the entire gig (minor fine tuner adjustments) (I don't lock down the nut for about a week, to allow for stretching, and had no issues, even after abusing the bar, other than again, minor fine tuner adjustments)

I play Thrash and Death Metal.

• Members

D'Addario or GHS. Currently 11's. Gotta say I don't care for the B strings D'Addario uses, they always feel lighter than the rest of the set and I normally replace them with something slightly heavier. I play praise and worship, strictly rhythm.

• Members

D'Addario strings for electrics and acoustics. Tried a lot of others, but these have been my favorite for the last 25+ years or so I think. I play classic rock, technical rock, and some of the newer pop/soft rock type tunes. On acoustic, lots of James Taylor, and an eclectic bunch of finger picking songs.

• Members
What brand of strings do you use ? If you don't mind me asking what genre do you typically play. I know' date=' the one that pays :) really though, just curious[/quote']

Elixer Nanoweb PB's (in different gauges) on the acoustics because I did a pretty involved comparison and they seem to have the best price/life/performance ratio.

D'Addario XL Nickel 10-46 on my electric because they are reasonable, available and I don't think strings matter that much on an electric. The 10's give me enough tension for occasional slide.

Tomastik Infeld flatwound 11-47 on my archtop because two of the local jazz players who I really admire said I should. They're kind of sexy.

I play blues and what John Fahey called "American Primative", mostly fingerstyle, some slide and trying to learn some jazz.

• Members

My default for the last decade at least is Elixir Nano PB on my acoustics and Elixir Nano on my electrics. I love the feel, sound, and lifespan.

I've switched to DR Veritas as my main strings on both acoustic and electric, but also use D'Addario NYXL on my Strat since it likes a bit more punch.

I play a bunch of styles and do a lot of bending, sliding, and slurring.

• Members

Lately, EB Cobalt 10s. I went back to 10s from 9s because on my guitars with Floyds I found doing double stop bends on them with 9s made the strings de-tune too much. It sounded like crap. Going back to 10s and adding a spring in the back pretty much cured that problem. On my guitars with Bigsby and Bigsby-type whammies I haven't decided if I'm going to go to tens on them. They don't have the double-stop bend problem that my floating Floyd and Strat-type trems do.

But I now find that 9s feel too wimpy after getting used to 10s again.

I like classic rock and blues, mostly.

Archived