MY new addition

satmanjf@gmail.com

• Members

:wave:

How's the water level in Houston these days?

I survived Katrina. I already know what vast swathes of Houston smell like.

So I won't ask.

The aftermath of a hurricane smells like dead animals rotting in the mud.

A salutary aspect of Katrina was the large numbers of nutria and cottonmouths it killed and left decomposing in the mud and debris.

One never forgets that smell.

Decent guitar, fair price, nice case. I think the Korean models are better then the modern Chinese ones, a quick glance at the serial number can tell you where and what company built it.

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

But that being said, HNGD!!!

That was the first thing I tried to do - zoom in on it to get an idea of when / where it was made. ;)

got this for 200 bucks' date=' please tell me your knowledge about the standard, good deal or ?[/quote']

I have a '96 MIK Epi Les Paul Standard, but it's a limited edition model in trans red with a lightly flamed top. I like it a lot.

$200 for an Epi LP Std. & HSC? You just can't go wrong with that deal, whether it was made in China or Korea. Unless it's got obvious problems of some kind... but it looks great from the pics.

Congrats, and HNGD! :cool2:

• Members
Sorry guys been caught up in crap. Maybe you guys can tell me about it. The serial # is EE06090644

go to Epiphone.com Someone "here" might know. Someone "there" , might know...may take a few days..I don't , but , I also believe "they" have a link to Gibson/Epiphone "guitar dater" maybe , Or just call Gibson customer service , they might know too. I do enjoy all of my Epiphone guitars. I believe Epiphone makes the best "cheap" guitars...Some not so cheap. Yes , I do like them. Have you changed the strings, done a "set up" , set the intonation ? Simple things , you probably already did clean and "oil" the fretboard ? That guitar , I'm sure , will be great, is great. A "black beauty" certainly.

• Members

:) I'd play that :)

dig it , from the Epiphone guitar dater :) [h=2]Guitar Info[/h]

Your guitar was made at the

Qingdao Plant (Epiphone), China

on September, 2006

Production Number: 644

[h=3]Gibson: Qingdao[/h] The Gibson Qingdao Plant was opened in October 2002, Qingdao, China. It is the only plant run by Epiphone in Asia.Both acoustic and electric guitars are made here. The factory is dedicated to making Epiphone and only Epiphone guitars with the aim of producing higher quality guitars.

[h=3]Serial Number Breakdown[/h] E

E

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #C8C866]

[/TD]

[TD]Factory Identifier[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFBD00]

[/TD]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #E3A1C4]

[/TD]

[TD]Month[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #42B4AC]

[/TD]

[TD]Production Numb[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Members

I have one and like it for sustain and it's tendency to push me in a jazz direction. I won't tell you what I paid for it at auction because you will cry :)

One thing to remember with your new toy is that the headstock/neck joint is infamously fragile on them so don't swing it around!

ps Checking that useful site I see Mine is Unsung plant Korea 2004

Archived