Fender Twin Reverb 65 Reissue video demo

spinal

• Members
Good production value, great playing, entertaining video.

But why review a legendary amp we all know? It's kind of like reviewing Lays potato chips.

Thanks!

You know what I never spend enough time with a Twin Reverb to really know this amplifier well, I'm more on the crunch side of guitar tone!

And we think it still deserves a video showing the kind of town it can deliver.

Our 2 last videos are amps that you probably never heard about, check it out!

• Members

Thanks!

You know what I never spend enough time with a Twin Reverb to really know this amplifier well, I'm more on the crunch side of guitar tone!

And we think it still deserves a video showing the kind of town it can deliver.

Our 2 last videos are amps that you probably never heard about, check it out!

One thing about your video format that I noticed... While your production value is high, your formula of an introduction, two guys talking on a sofa, and then finally demoing the amp doesn't really make me want to watch your entire video (that's where most of the money comes in from Youtube now. Not how many views so much as how long you can retain viewership). From my perspective, it would be better to commence the amp demo right after your sleek intro. Give the audience a taste of how the amp sounds. Then launch into your editorial review.

I'm watching the Vanflet Prestige video now. It sounds great. I like how you demo several guitars through the amp rather than just one. I liked the Les Paul copy best. Your conversation at the end is a bit forced and sounds scripted, and neither of you are really offering an opinion so much as listing off the amp features like an advertisement rather than a review. It would be more interesting to hear both of your opinions, especially if they differ.

Your FX DG20 is better, though I find it a little curious as to why you specify the amp was made for David Gilmour and begin the demonstration with a Les Paul copy with P90s. The Tele sounds almost identical. When you finally have some clean Strat, it's very brief. Wouldn't you want to highlight the Gilmour aspect before branching out into how versatile the amp is?

I really like the diversity in your demos and appreciate the quality, though.

• Members

One thing about your video format that I noticed... While your production value is high, your formula of an introduction, two guys talking on a sofa, and then finally demoing the amp doesn't really make me want to watch your entire video (that's where most of the money comes in from Youtube now. Not how many views so much as how long you can retain viewership). From my perspective, it would be better to commence the amp demo right after your sleek intro. Give the audience a taste of how the amp sounds. Then launch into your editorial review.

I'm watching the Vanflet Prestige video now. It sounds great. I like how you demo several guitars through the amp rather than just one. I liked the Les Paul copy best. Your conversation at the end is a bit forced and sounds scripted, and neither of you are really offering an opinion so much as listing off the amp features like an advertisement rather than a review. It would be more interesting to hear both of your opinions, especially if they differ.

Your FX DG20 is better, though I find it a little curious as to why you specify the amp was made for David Gilmour and begin the demonstration with a Les Paul copy with P90s. The Tele sounds almost identical. When you finally have some clean Strat, it's very brief. Wouldn't you want to highlight the Gilmour aspect before branching out into how versatile the amp is?

I really like the diversity in your demos and appreciate the quality, though.

Thank you very much, you wrote us a very interresting feedback. I forwarded it to Rudy to talk about it :)

Part of the "forced/scripted" conversation comes from the fact that english is not our first language, and sometime it is difficult and we have to redo and redo till we think it is acceptable... Our french version are much more dynamic and fluent in this regard because it is way easier for us.

But you are right on this, we are trying to improve and we think we did already compared to older videos but we didn't reach (yet) the conversation level that we expect. We never script or prepare anything, maybe we should :p

Why the DG20 is better is only that we enjoyed so much this amp that we were super excited to talk about it.

We didn't chose the David Gilmour demo path for the DG20 because for us it would involve too much effects and pedal in the signal chain and we want to demo the amp and just the amp :) But I think that at the end you are right, we should have added a couple of Gilmour plan in the demo.

Again, thanks for this great feedback, we appreciate as it helps us to nail down our video format.

Archived