Squier custom vibe strat ?

satmanjf@gmail.com

• Members

So I'm intrigued. What's exactly is the biggest difference between a $599 fender Stratocaster mim vs. the $399 squier custom vibe strat.

School me please.

I've been studying Gilmour and want to get close on the cheap but decent. I do not play like gilmour, not on his worst day. Just want to get close to his sound, not tone, I don't have his fingers. I dig the atmosphere and can't really think of a better person to study.

• Members

If we're talking Gilmour tone, it's mostly in your fingers: articulation, phrasing, touch, etc.

A lot of people swear by the Classic/Custom Vibe Squiers. I like Squiers, but I wouldn't buy one for $400. If you're going the cheap route, check out the Modern Player Fender series.

But if you want a guitar that'll last and hold some of its value, save a little more for the Classic Series/Player MIM Fenders.

• Members

I can't comment on the Vibe vs MIM Strats but I have compared the Teles.

The Vibe neck was a tad thinner and the neck finish a bit thicker.

Finish overall was nicer on the MIM and it had maybe slightly higher quality tuners.

I liked the Vibe pickups better. Bridge was toss up. I like the 3 saddle Tele bridge.

Strats could be similar or a whole different thing, idk. There's also the Trem situation between the two, who knows except to play em.

Archived