ordered a new amp today

mistersully

• Members

but i have to wait 8 weeks for it to arrive

swart space tone reverb tweed

5w_glory_main1_1000.jpg

i used to own the larger atomic space tone... great amp

this one is a 5 watter with a 12 inch speaker.. it also has a beefier overdrive than their other small offerings

i also ordered their little night light jr attenuator to go with it

i played through the swart atomic jr today but was attracted to the larger speaker in this one (atomic jr has an 8 inch)

here's some clips of the amp

81G9XWXrgBw

K2amO9OSlK8

• Members

That looks very cool.

I've rather recently been getting into "boutique" amps a bit and sort of have that "wish I'd started here in the first place" feeling, although of course, budget constraints are always an issue; but not so much if one thinks about the more entry level stuff that you might play for a while and then want to pass on. So far I've stayed within the big names (Marshall and Fender) but have acquired the 1973X and the '57 Custom Deluxe and '57 Champ RIs. My latest is the Champ, which I'd guess would more closely approach your selection, but I imagine that combined with a 12" would be pretty darn cool. I like the 1973X and Champ the best, and find the Custom Deluxe to be a bit too damn loud (even at just 12 watts) to begin to approach OD at home practice levels. The Champ has a nice chimey tone (as does that much bigger Marshall), and even with just an 8" speaker, it has significantly more depth of tone than say the Vox AC-4s with 10s, plus its overdrive tones are much sweeter.

I'd seen the Atomics before, but they'd really slipped out of my thoughts. Maybe some day when I thin the herd.

Enjoy! I'd love to give one a spin.

but i have to wait 8 weeks for it to arrive

i also ordered their little night light jr attenuator to go with it.

I hadn't heard of that attenuator, so I went looking to see if they had a demo, and they do...

[video=youtube;elYZEzxCkb8]

That's some significant attenuation - and it actually sounds pretty darned good on that demo too. I'd love for you to do a full review of both the amp and the attenuator! :snax:

• Members

I hadn't heard of that attenuator, so I went looking to see if they had a demo, and they do...

[video=youtube;elYZEzxCkb8]

That's some significant attenuation - and it actually sounds pretty darned good on that demo too. I'd love for you to do a full review of both the amp and the attenuator! :snax:

i used the attenuator yesterday (they actually have 2.. a larger one as well as the jr) ... works great

as you know, a 5 watt tube amp can get LOUD ... especially when dimed... this way i can get that fantastic breakup at home at volumes that won't affect other people

• Members
That looks very cool.

I've rather recently been getting into "boutique" amps a bit and sort of have that "wish I'd started here in the first place" feeling, although of course, budget constraints are always an issue; but not so much if one thinks about the more entry level stuff that you might play for a while and then want to pass on. So far I've stayed within the big names (Marshall and Fender) but have acquired the 1973X and the '57 Custom Deluxe and '57 Champ RIs. My latest is the Champ, which I'd guess would more closely approach your selection, but I imagine that combined with a 12" would be pretty darn cool. I like the 1973X and Champ the best, and find the Custom Deluxe to be a bit too damn loud (even at just 12 watts) to begin to approach OD at home practice levels. The Champ has a nice chimey tone (as does that much bigger Marshall), and even with just an 8" speaker, it has significantly more depth of tone than say the Vox AC-4s with 10s, plus its overdrive tones are much sweeter.

I'd seen the Atomics before, but they'd really slipped out of my thoughts. Maybe some day when I thin the herd.

Enjoy! I'd love to give one a spin.

you should try one out if you get the chance

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
arrived early

awesome, awesome amp

IMG_5515_zpsmwvakob0.jpg?t=1505187643

Nice.

I have not played the Jr, but I have played the Space Tone with the reverb and trem.

Zoo Music and Hummbucker Music have those in stock, most of the time.

Very nice and it was worth the wait.

Archived