i'm so happy about my gibson les paul custom

mbengs1

• Members

I know there's not a lot of Active love on here, but you all do realize that a Ton of the hard Rock/metal music from the 80s to now was recorded with EMGs? David Gilmour uses EMGs, even has his own signature set. There's a reason a Lot of artists use them.

Now, the sticker thing.........

• Members
I know there's not a lot of Active love on here, but you all do realize that a Ton of the hard Rock/metal music from the 80s to now was recorded with EMGs? David Gilmour uses EMGs, even has his own signature set. There's a reason a Lot of artists use them.

Now, the sticker thing.........

Imagine if Gilmour took the original pickups out of his famous black Strat and put in EMGs, though.

• Members

I have the KFK set in my Beast (81/85). Absolutely Awesome! Push through any pedal chain, and they'll push an amp like no passive can. Roll the volume knob, they clean up. Dime the volume knob - searing leads and punch you in the throat rhythm. Tight and articulate. In another thread, I was considering passive for one of my backup guitars, but why? Nothing truly beats an 81.

• Members

​it would sound killer

It's not about just the sound. That's subjective. Gilmour's black strat is a classic guitar, and when he switched to EMGs, he also had the good sense to use a different Strat.

Putting EMGs in a Gibson Custom might sound okay, but it's silly. It would be like mounting a pickup on an old Stradivarius.

Archived