How many guitars do you own, acoustic and electric?

mbengs1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most, on the wall, in single stands, or in a 7 guitar stand, that if you are creative, can hold 12. A few in the closet, then get "rotated" every so often.

And how do I buy? simple: if it speaks to me, either thru sound or feel, I get it. If I feel, "I could learn to love this..." it goes back into the rack. I learn my mistake in saying that with a PRS.

• Members

I have three acoustics and five electrics. I buy what I like. One of my acoustics is more of an artifact from my HS/college days. The real stable is seven, and that is usually the number I allow at any one time, although the seven do change periodically.

• Members

Half a dozen assorted acoustics including a little Epi our daughter left behind when she moved out, one electric, a Harmony ukulele that was mom's and that's not currently playable, a banjo, a bass, and--what the heck--my wife's mandolin she never plays.

• Members

I used to setup my guitars the same, so they feel the same. if its not a fast neck, I tighten the trussrod at the back. so strats, les paul, and Ibanez have the same feeling. I just fixed this. all the non Ibanez guitars, I will give more bow so it feels like a classic guitar, rather than a advanced Ibanez shreddy neck.

• Members

do you get stage fright regularly? I just noticed that about you. you should be confident when u speak in front of people. u won't get anywhere in life, u will fail in the job interview. and you don't look good. looney binnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :)

• Members
11 3 accoustic an 8 electric... oh and a uku...

and no plans now to extend the collection

​hey same here. I won't be able to buy a guitar for the next for months. and i'm on leave. so i'll just eat in fastfood places all I want. and swim. and do a lot of other crazy stuff

how do you go for your next purchase? I do mine really quick, first thing i'm attracted to when I enter a guitar store. I just go for that. easy. :p

If I just purchased everything I was attracted to in the stores, I'd have a lot more guitars. :lol:

I kind of have a unwritten list of things that I want, which is based mainly on diversity and the different sounds they can produce. For example, I still don't have a dobro or a nylon string guitar. When the right opportunity presents itself (IOW, when I can afford it or when the need for one of the guitars I'm "missing" becomes urgent for an upcoming recording project or whatever) and when I find or see a guitar that will fit my various criteria, I get it.

Besides the unwritten list, there are other criteria I have, such as how it plays (crucial for me - I have small hands and I'm a bit picky about how a neck feels when I play it), most definitely how it sounds, as well as some interest in how it looks... again, if I find a guitar that I don't have that meets all of those benchmarks AND I'm in a position where I can justify / afford the purchase, I get it.

Archived