Anyone have any experience with Duncan or Fralin Mustang Pickups?

burton4snow

• Members

I am down to these two in my search for pickups for my Mustang - Fralin Mustang picpkups (probable the blues set ) Duncan Antiquity II The '60s "Myth"Mustang pickups.

Does anybody have any experience with these? There is very little on You Tube. One guy did a series parallel wiring with the fralins and it sounded like the sound I am looking for. them I saw a video of the Duncans comparing the reissue fender mustang pickups to them and they blew them away. The distortion was very articulate not a bunch of mush. So I am on the fence.

• Members

Oh - the Fralins is what I'd do.

I don't have any direct experience with Duncans in Mustangs, but have to admit that I haven't really been floored by any of their pickups over the years and I've owned and played many. They're very good, but every Fralin pickup I've heard has been excellent. Duncans get a lot of love generally though and are endorsed by some monster guitarists, so I suspect I'm biased.

• Members

Yeah I own 19 Guitars and have switched pickups many times in all of them because I am more of a tinkerer when it comes to guitars. I hotrod cheaper guitars because half of it for me is getting in there and soldering stuff. I have tried lots of Duncan pickups but so far the only one I have stayed with are the Pearly Gates in a Epiphone Wilshire Reissue

Archived