From a skeptic... V-Picks are the real deal.

Chris Loeffler

• Members

I've used a lot of V-Picks, the last one being a Snake with a "Ghost Rim" or unbuffed edge. I liked their tone and feel a lot, but found that they're not so good for speed-strumming octaves. I needed a pick with a little more flex than what a 4.10mm Snake had. Also, one of my favorite guitars that I own is a Strat-type with a single humbucker in the bridge position, and I found out that the Snake would make a loud clanging noise when it would bang against the pickguard when I picked with it.

Right now I'm using an .88mm Brain pick. It has a good grip, is also good for strumming, and it doesn't make a clanging noise against my pickguard.

• Members

been using them for several years, also ended up with the snake pointed (4 mm, tho the vinni graphic is gone...). tremolo picking needs less of a grip (allows the snake to "rock" back and forth in the fingers a little) and an overall lighter touch. i stopped using the ghost rims after seeing them worn smooth after (say) 7 or 8 sessions. definitely takes less force to get the same volume and/or pinches, etc...

if you like them, you like them. if not...

ain't life grand?

update: now i'm lovin' the psycho smokey mt. (5.85 mm!)...

:smiley-lol:

Archived