I tried.. I mean I really tried....

badpenguin

• Members

08-08-2017, 05:38 PM

(A note here. I posted this earlier, and it disappeared. If this is a double post, please feel free to delete it mods.)

NOT to get another guitar. I mean, even I know 73 is more then enough. Soooo.....

A few days ago my wife and I were out kitty stuff shopping. I mean, Gibson DESERVES an 8 foot cat tree, right? After shopping, we ate, and if anyone here takes medications for cholesterol, you know the routine: eat, 10 minutes later, a bathroom visit. For you younger people, it will happen to you too, trust me. So we stop at a Burger King, with a Pawn shop next store. (My wife has had a renewed interest in pawning, since while in Vegas, she made a SERIOUS score on some Tanzanite jewelry. She paid 250, for a ring and pendant, that the jeweler here, offered her 1500 for the ring alone!) So I walk into the pawn shop a few minutes after her and all she does is smile, and points to......

This. A 2008 Hagstrom Swede Select! Needed some electrical work,. and had a crack in the neck. No biggie, those can be fixed simply enough. but what sold it to me, was the price. After a few minutes of haggling, I walked out the door with it, and a soft case, for 125!!!!!! This is NOT helping my addiction what-so-ever. smiley-wink

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32034852[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_126275_1502228541012_207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32034853[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_126276_1502228572845_562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32034854[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_126277_1502228595624_156[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32034855[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_126278_1502228609572_334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32034856[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_126279_1502228624288_225[/ATTACH]

This is the only thread on the subject I'm seeing, but the pics aren't showing up. :(

I know you really tried... ( it's obvious, right? ;) ) but isn't there a rule that says that to go along with every new pet you get, you're also supposed to get a new guitar too?

If there isn't, there oughta be! :idea::D

HNGD! :cool2:

• Members

Ok, don't know why the pics aren't showing to you good peoples, they show up for me. (I HATE this computer! :mad:)

So, let's try this again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n32035331[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32035332[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32035333[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32035334[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n32035335[/ATTACH]

And answering the questions.... yes Tele, I can. I know what, where, how much I paid, model numbers, modifications done or needed, even the parts and projects I have scattered around the "guitar room" (as my wife calls it.)

And please Phil DO NOT use me as an example!!! I get enough hatred from my friends wife, when he gets a new guitar! She blames me for spreading the GAS. Me, a bad influence, who would have thunk it??

• Members

don't get me started. My first wife and I were shopping and found a nice 12 string on sale.I asked if she would mind if I bought it and if we could afford it. She said if you really like it go ahead and buy it so I did. Wow, did she get mad when we got home. Her logic was that I would do whatever I wanted , so by telling me to buy it somehow I would not buy it.. Her brother was along and had quite a laugh which didn't help either

• Members

Yep you're reading it right. My wife understands it as much as I do. Besides, I tend to buy low, and sell, when I need/have/want to, high. For example, my 81 Paul Custom, I paid $250 (USD) for, and I can sell it for $2K. My 78 L6S, paid $400, can sell for 800-1000. The only thing I think I came close to paying retail on, was my 99 Ric 330, and even that was 300 under value.. (And a gift from my wife to boot!)

• Members

I like the pickups to be honest, They call them "58"s and have a nice tone. The neck pickup is, to my ears, what I want and love about a neck hum. Slightly muddy with just enough brightness to make them stand out. The bridge, bright, forceful, but not intruding, if that makes sense. Blended, a beautiful tone, slightly reminiscent of an old Paul, withouttrying to sound like an old Paul. I fully expected to replace them, but I like them, and they like my amps too!

• Members

Cool looking LP Copy. I bet with the right pickups and setup it can hold its own against some of those questionably priced Gibbys.

Consider locking tuners as well. I got them on my Charvel and plan on replacing the tuners on all my guitars now with locking ones.

• Members

Nah, I would never put locking tuners on a guitar without a trem. A properly cut nut, strings strung properly, never have an issue with tuning.

And, it's not even trying to compete with Gibsons. Completely different animal, and they were that way back in the 70's

Archived