ngd

mistersully

not particularly... i don't have big hands and i find it really comfortable

I've got small hands - maybe not quite as small as Trump's, but that reference should give you the general idea... :D

Glad to hear it's got a comfortable neck. For me, that's an absolutely essential requirement for my personal instruments. :)

• Members

Nice player.

Cutting out the top like that and installing an aftermarket pickup would significantly reduce the price (otherwise it would be through the roof), but by the looks of it she's had lots of love over the years making her a player's delight. Probably sounds huge when hammered by the looks of the pick marks on the top.

Wishing you many happy years together.

• Members
Nice player.

Cutting out the top like that and installing an aftermarket pickup would significantly reduce the price (otherwise it would be through the roof), but by the looks of it she's had lots of love over the years making her a player's delight. Probably sounds huge when hammered by the looks of the pick marks on the top.

Wishing you many happy years together.

thanks... and you're spot on... she's a player

• Members
Nice player.

....... would significantly reduce the price (otherwise it would be through the roof), but by the looks of it she's had lots of love over the years.....

Not so much as you would believe. Without the pickup, it's not that desirable of a guitar by Gibson "purist" standards. Maybe in the 1500 range for minty fresh. There was a 56 L48, it's baby brother, that was selling for 799 at a vintage shop about 150 miles from me. Trust me, I am NOT knocking it! but if it had been say, an L5...........

Not so much as you would believe. Without the pickup, it's not that desirable of a guitar by Gibson "purist" standards. Maybe in the 1500 range for minty fresh. There was a 56 L48, it's baby brother, that was selling for 799 at a vintage shop about 150 miles from me. Trust me, I am NOT knocking it! but if it had been say, an L5...........

There are still some good bargains to be had in the "vintage" guitar marketplace if someone's willing to consider something that isn't exactly what everyone else wants. :) Not that I'm saying his guitar isn't desirable, but if it had been say, an L5...... ;)

Archived