Have you ever played one of those party's

bluesmann

• Members

Great stuff! Your playing and tone are great.

That knucklehead is pretty typical of a drunk bozo - no class, no skill, and no shame. I'm pretty sure I would have stopped the song after the first few bars of him soloing in the wrong key over your solo. Alcohol is a hell of a drug and to be avoided.

• Members

"Knuckle-head" is right. I didn't even hear him add anything worthwhile. Just odd harmonics started jumping in making one wonder where they were going.

OTOH, while I liked your slow blues jam, you need to work on your Keith Richards chops. smiley-wink

[video=youtube;KyK0y02HvVc]

• Members

I recently saw a walkup at a bar. He stayed on the dance floor but wielded a strat and loud enough portable amp. Santana'd over the tunes like nobody's binnit. I left but I think the band let him wear himself out. They probable couldn't hear the vandalism.

• Members

We were doing a corporate gig as a 5 piece many moons ago and were in the middle of Long Train Running by the Doobies when this big guy leaps up on stage. He whips a harmonica out and NAILS the solo, then high five and back to the crowd.

That's how you do that thing. :)

• Members

I teach guitar on the side and this guy with a guitar comes watching me do some Blues, arpeggios, 8 fingered / two hand tapping and speed picking .

Next thing you know he wants to plug in a portable amp that he was also lugging around.

He was horrible, no sense of timing or sense of melody or rthyum. He wanted me to give him lessons. Everyone knew on campus, that I taught guitar on the side and had over 20 students.

I hate it when they say they want to jam when in reality, they only want free lessons 😯

I mean, I love helping and showing things and helping folks , but, geees !!!! 😫

Before they passed liability laws in 1986 in California, my band and I would pool our money together and get 5 to 8 kegs of beer to throw a party to make a little scene for our selves since we were too young to play clubs or bars.

Our singers parents were farmers and had a few acres of empty space for us to play, we grouped together 4 flat bed trucks to make a stage and set up the gear .

We had over 50 people and then the beer was running low, so we had the set up guys get 8 more kegs ( they were older than us. I went with them to get the kegs. As we were loading the beer, some 20 hardcore 1%'er bikers watch us load up the beer and when we left, they followed us. Our singers was getting all paranoid, saying , " It's going to get dangerous, it's going to turn out like Altamont .... We're F'ed man, we're F'ed !!!! ".

When we came in the crowd swelled to over 200 people, we had to pulled another beer run to keep people from going nuts and having a beer riot.

Next thing you know, the Sheriffs show up ( 8 patrol cars ), threatening to shut us down and people started to get rowdy. Luckily, one of the bikers had a word with the head Sheriff and talked him into letting us play until 2 am.

One of the bikers pulled out the harmonica and we played when " The Levy Breaks " and some Blues jam.

And after all was said and done, our singers prediction of us being in a battle zone was wrong ( luckily) and the bikers even help out with keeping the crowd in check.

One bad thing, we had to pay for a couple of porta potties that some one tipped over, even more shocking, we had to pull out a passed out drunk guy that was passed out when they tipped over the turd palace 🚽 and the guy reaked 💩💩💩💩💩..... 😦😲😯

• Members
at least I can say I have never been that guy... ;)

i can't :)

but in my defense, it was just at a big student summer party (300+ people) at our dorm parking lot, to burn the profit the dorm bar made during the year (its europe, some things are different), i helped to organize.

so there were those guys, said they are a band, nobody have known them or seen before, from a different dorm or so. they asked the organizers if they could play at the party. we told them we don't do live music, we don't need a band and we don't have equipment for it.

they said they could play accoustic and started begging that we let them play. we finally said ok.

the next second they asked how much we pay?

we thought wtf? hey you asked/begged that you could play, we don't need a "band", there is no pay, you can play or don't, there will be beer and food and lots of people, nobody expects a band....

the guys seemed strange, we thought hmm hopefully we do not regret it...

anyhow party starts early afternoon with the annual soccer tournament, beer is drunken while playing soccer, late afternoon everything moves to the dorm parking lot. when the "band" started to play i already had more than one beer and picked my guitar and blues harp from my room and joined them when they were playing heart of gold :)

everybody was knowing me, but not the band, i was drunk and everybody had fun except the "band", they kept on playing but seemed annoyed that i was there, but the crowd was cheering (cause i was too drunk to play) so they kept on playing

they never asked to play again at this party :)

and i never had done a drunk sit in again :)

• Members

After watching this, I remember it like it was yesterday. Jay invited us up. We got there and there were 3 or 4 bands counting us. Taking turns as usually. I didn't know what to think when this ass invaded us. I tried doing rhythm and he wouldn't play. I'd play lead and there he was like a dam pimple or a wart. drunk a hole! we were tic'd no doubt. But went with it the best we could. We should of just stopped and ask WTF he thought he was doing? No one else had any problems. We played two more tunes and left. We were over it.

• Members

No comments about the "knuckle head" except to say I kinda met my future sister-in-law that way. A friend and I were playing our acoustics at a party and this tall brunette just sat down next to us and started singing along. I figured out she was with a short, quiet redhead who sat on the sidelines. I ran into them again some time later on a weekend when I got dumped. Next thing you knew, I was dating the redhead and finally married her.

As for the OP, don't put yourself down. You're better than you think and 'way better than I am (not that that's saying much ;)).

• Members

With all due respects and nothing against the Blues-but here is a rebuttal for my RIP Friend aka as mentioned above the drunken guitar player. He didnt have all those stomp boxes to play good guitar. Only a marshal portable and a Gibson 335. His first song learned was "Mood for a Day" taught to him by his Brother,who was the better player in reality.

Mike Sipple Was a good friend of mine who is now RIP. The video above was at the end of the party when most had left already. Every story has 2 sides.

Here's a video of Mike just doing exercises at another party,just playing and enjoying what he did.

Very disrespectful to speak ill about the dead. Mike has been gone for 2 and a half years.

So-Here's a clip,of many That I have of Mike Sipple "Just Jamming"

(Mike Sipple -- RIP )

• Members

Its very disrespectful what you and Mike did to our band Jay. We both know this. . copy right SR taken care of Jay. Thank you for honoring that and taking down our video. peace Mr. Christian. oh! I see you put it back up. I have no problem with that. either.

​I wasn't using stomp boxes I used a HR deluxe and a vox pathfinder preamp out into it. You can see me turning up the gain several times. ​HC has a keyboard section and recording . maybe you can glean something that can improve your tone. I'm surprised you took the time away from facebook to join up here at HC. I'm sure you'll be welcomed. welcome to HC.

​wow! you've got over 100 views. That's a record for your channel.

Archived