New Strat

humbuckerstrat

• Members

I got a new Strat, an SX Strat from Rondo, it was on sale for $69 because it was a B Stock item, so I snapped it up. I've always liked SX guitars, they're inexpensive, and they have very good necks with jumbo frets, and it's built very solidly. I made a few upgrades to it, tho. I changed out the stock trem for a GFS Made in Mexico trem with a big steel block and that is a big improvement. I also got GFS Gotoh-style tuners for it to replace the stock tuners.

I'm a bridge pickup player and the stock bridge pu just wasn't making it, I couldn't hear my tapping very clearly. So I changed that out for a Seymour Duncan SSL-5 single coil and now my tapping sounds much better.

SMhiZoXf.jpg E9gdFxIM.jpg

lAIG8aQN 6pDc49AK

• Members

Thanks, Gardo, It's my current favorite :)

A guitar doesn't have to be expensive to be enjoyed. My long time favorite is a Squier Affinity Tele with upgrades. Others have come and gone but this ones a keeper.

You mentioned upgrading the trem block.What did you notice as a result?

• Members

A guitar doesn't have to be expensive to be enjoyed. My long time favorite is a Squier Affinity Tele with upgrades. Others have come and gone but this ones a keeper.

You mentioned upgrading the trem block.What did you notice as a result?

I noticed a big improvement in tone and playability, the guitar has more sustain now.

And I didn't have to dremel very much of the Trem cavity to get the block to move freely in the Trem cavity, just a little @ the top where the baseplate sits. Then the block could move freely.

Also with the tuners, the old small holes for the screws that hold the tuner in place worked fine, I didn't have to drill new screw holes. That was a big plus.

• Members
Why in good health? Say he breaks his leg, can't he play his guitar a little bit?

And what if he has a cold? That wouldn't good health. What about a light sniffle? Could he play it then? ;)

Ah, shaddap! I wished him good health. He's not obligated to actually be in good health. ;)

Archived