What is the all-time favourite Bareknuckle bridge Pickup?

KevinTJH

• Members

I'm currently in the process of getting built a custom high-end 7-string guitar with a fixed bridge, a single bridge humbucker and one volume knob.

The lowest string will be a .66 and tuned to Drop A.

The specs of the guitar will be a Maple neck, Ebony fretboard, and Ash or Mahogany body (which will probably affect the pickup decision)

I'm set on a Bareknuckle pickup and am deciding between the Black Hawk, Juggernaut or Aftermath. I haven't considered other models from Bareknuckle pickups but am open to other options.

In terms of tone, I like something that sounds big and fat but still very tight.

Which Bareknuckle pickup would you go for? Also, how will the Ash or Mahogany body affect your decision?

Thanks in advance!

• Members

I had a Gibson explorer with set of coldsweat neck and painkiller bridge - I really liked both these pick ups.

The painkiller was no holds barred pick up, tight, high output, perfect for rock, heavy rock or metal.

I also had an SG with a set of crawler bareknuckle pick up. Now, I would not recommend those. They were all about mids. Just mids. Not much treble (certainly no chime or sparkle) and not much low end.

Playing that mid rich set through my mids rich Orange amps was not a good match. I'm pretty sure they would work well with other amps, but those really are a matter of taste.

Archived