Enjoy Gibson Lovers, Enjoy!

Cyborg

• Members

Many many years ago I met Ed and his wife. at there shop in CT. I heard all the bad things about him and was prepared. The reason I drive there was, he was a Heritage dealer. He had a couple of Heritage Prospects. They were loaded with split coil tap switch, which I really didn't want. He only had trans black ones left. Not a bad guitar at all.

Upstairs in the loft of the split level ranch style house was one transistor Fender amp and a cab. I did have my own amp out in the car.

Ed and his wife were very nice, even though I passed on the Prospect. That day I also looked at the Heritage 535, at a different shop. It needed a touch more in the finishing room if you asked me. Heritage still to this day uses no CNC machines, I believe and what ever machines they used making guitars in Kalamazoo in the old days they still use today.

In the end I came home and ordered a sunburst Gibson ES 335, that I absolutely adore. It's pretty much my fav Gibson electric I own.

I guess Ed was a pretty interesting guy in his day, but when I meet him he was a very tired and I could tell his health was in decline. His daughter passed a few years later, from what I have no idea.

That day I had no issues with him, but if he upped the anti of the major manufactures a bit so be it.

• Members

Ok, how Gibson is owned by China, I don't get. Show the proof.

The Ed Roman rant..... He was an opinionated idiot who would love a certain brand, then when that brand either dropped him as a dealer, or dissed him, as Kramer did, he would throw a tantrum that would last for years. I dealt with Ed on two occasions. Once when a client of mine had one of his Quicksilver guitars that started to split because of the wood being green. It took several calls from a lawyer before he took the guitar back. The second time was when in his shop, he wanted to run a credit check on me, when I inquired about a Gibson I was interested in, even though I showed him the cash on hand. I gave him the one fingered salute in leaving his shop.

• Members
Good ole Ed's rants. If you read them enough you'll understand why many people couldn't stand him.

So funny you are. People couldn't stand Ed because wobble hair brain idiots would call him up and waste his valuable time asking dumbass questions, such as what yourself would do.

You should possibly think about mounting your feeble brain into a deep set neck tenon, and affix it to a mortise.

• Members
Who the f**k cares. CNC can do better, more consistent work to tighter tolerances than any hand process.

I'm very sure that if you'd put the crack pipe away along with your tourniquet you'd understand what it means to eliminate tolerance.

You obviously know nothing about numerical computation and its failure rate.

Hahaha!

Good luck

Archived