where are the amps in these videos?

mbengs1

• Members

Ever been to a Judas Priest show? The Guitar and bass rigs are off stage, and ran into the PA. A lot of bands do that rather than have amps onstage.

And then others are paid to put gear onstage that they're not using. Lights are on, but that's it. Metallica was endorsed by Randall and Mesa for years, had to have them onstage, but if you look closely at a live show you'll clearly see Diezel heads offstage. just because it's there doesn't mean it's being used. Same with signature gear - Kerry King has his own signature Marshall, the KFK, but uses JCMs. You know who Does use a KFK Marshall? Alexi Laiho, that's just the beginning.Zakk Wylde has a signature Wah, but uses a Kirk Hammet sig live, Dimebag had the Dime from hell wah, but used a Dunlop rack mount. I'm fairly certain he was still using Randall Warheads after signing with Krank, but had to leave the Warheads offstage.same with pickups - signature Duncan in the videos, Bill Lawrence live quite often, if memory serves.

• Members
i was just wondering coz it sounds great. not like in the 90's he had a lot of his peavey stacks behind him so its obvious where the sounds comin from :)

Not necessarily. Sometimes stacks are just there for show.

Black-Veil-Brides-fake-cabs.jpg?w=575

• Members

To each his own....but I find his tone super boring in this era. So processed and watered down. He was the fire breathing dragon slayer and here he's just.....digital.....

For me this will always be the tone I want to associate with eddie...

[YOUTUBE]iMnAwTfaXHc[/YOUTUBE]

To each his own....but I find his tone super boring in this era. So processed and watered down. He was the fire breathing dragon slayer and here he's just.....digital.....

For me this will always be the tone I want to associate with eddie...

[YOUTUBE]iMnAwTfaXHc[/YOUTUBE]

IMO, what that isolated track displays best isn't his tone (which is good), but rather just how good of a rhythm guitarist Eddie is. I think he's pretty under-rated in that regard.

Archived