NUG'sD!!

badpenguin

• Members

Greetings all, while during a trip down south here in Florida, found these two beauties, and had to have them,

First up is a 2013 Gibson ES139. A short lived semi hollow, with Burstbuckers, all maple construction, and NO F holes! really Reminds me of my L6S.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31964151[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n31964152[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n31964153[/ATTACH]

Secondly was this wonderful creature. A Yamaha SLG100S. weighs about a pound soaking wet, has some beautiful reverb built in, and has a neck that plays buttery smooth. And you can always throw on some headphones and go into a quiet acoustic heaven.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31964154[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n31964155[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n31964156[/ATTACH]

• Members

There is a definite difference in tone! I have an 81 Paul Custom with a maple neck, a 78 L6S that is all maple, and now the ES139. IMHO the maple necked Gibbys tend to have a bit more of that sharp attack, a little more bite and brightness. But then again, I have ebony on two of them, so it's hard to say if that's a true way defining the difference between mahogany vrs maple.

the Yamaha, is just a joy to play and listen to! Super comfy neck, great sound thru the headphone, and the amps like it as well.

Archived