New guitars day PRS and carvin

toolshed10

• Members

I got these two guitars today. The PRS is a 2001 McCarty. It plays and sounds just like a PRS should. I have been very fond of PRS for the last bit as they are just incredible for tone and feel. This one is all stock and has some great sustain . The carvin bolt t has lollar black face pickups in it with the Wilkerson bridge. Sounds great and is really comfortable. I traded my USA strat in the deal but I think I gained two awesome guitars.

• Members
I got these two guitars today. The PRS is a 2001 McCarty. It plays and sounds just like a PRS should. I have been very fond of PRS for the last bit as they are just incredible for tone and feel. This one is all stock and has some great sustain . The carvin bolt t has lollar black face pickups in it with the Wilkerson bridge. Sounds great and is really comfortable. I traded my USA strat in the deal but I think I gained two awesome guitars.

Back many many years ago when I was thinking about a PRS I demo-ed a bunch of them.

Lined about 12 of em up at the store and went to town.

I really liked the McCarty a lot, but in the end I bought a Custom 22. The McCarty would have been my second choice that day.

I'm not sure if you have push pull pots in teh PRS, but I didn't care for the single coil sound with the 3 positions switch. I believe some McCarty's of that era came with the 5 way rotary switch, which gives you the most tone options. I left the 5 way switch in my, but I really hate the lay out, not the tones.I could be wrong too, it's been a long time.

I still have my PRS custom 22.

Enjoy

• Members

Back many many years ago when I was thinking about a PRS I demo-ed a bunch of them.

Lined about 12 of em up at the store and went to town.

I really liked the McCarty a lot, but in the end I bought a Custom 22. The McCarty would have been my second choice that day.

I'm not sure if you have push pull pots in teh PRS, but I didn't care for the single coil sound with the 3 positions switch. I believe some McCarty's of that era came with the 5 way rotary switch, which gives you the most tone options. I left the 5 way switch in my, but I really hate the lay out, not the tones.I could be wrong too, it's been a long time.

I still have my PRS custom 22.

Enjoy

It does have the push pull tone pot and a three way switch. Has some great tones.. my s2 custom 24 also has the push pull. Really love that feature

Archived