Gibson Les Paul 50s Tribute Goldtop

fuzztone

• Members
How's the sound?

I've always liked the LP Studio which, IMO, is every bit a Les Paul but without the expensive bling.

Would you say same about the Tribute which seems like a great value?

Yeah,I think it sounds like a Les Paul. I don't mind that it has a satin finish,it feel great! And another nice thing is that It weighs less than 8 lbs.

It's the cats meow !

005_2.jpg

• Members

Excellent!!!!

I've had a LP 70s tribute, but with mini humbuckers, and I liked it a lot. Sold it still, but regretted it. It had the same headstock volute too, and lovely baked maple fretboard. It makes me laugh, there was almost a revolution on some forums against those maple fretboard, they feel fantastic to me, and look very nice too.

Later on, I spotted a sg 70s tribute for sale not too far..... same colour (heritage cherry Or whatever they call that red), baked maple fretboard, and mini humbuckers..... I scored that one and kept it. Great guitar again.

Those faded / satin tribute are fantastic value in terms of playability and tone. The finish will not last a lifetime, but not does it on a standard gloss nitro finish being played about a lot.

Again, congrats!!!!

• Members
Excellent!!!!

I've had a LP 70s tribute, but with mini humbuckers, and I liked it a lot. Sold it still, but regretted it. It had the same headstock volute too, and lovely baked maple fretboard. It makes me laugh, there was almost a revolution on some forums against those maple fretboard, they feel fantastic to me, and look very nice too.

Later on, I spotted a sg 70s tribute for sale not too far..... same colour (heritage cherry Or whatever they call that red), baked maple fretboard, and mini humbuckers..... I scored that one and kept it. Great guitar again.

Those faded / satin tribute are fantastic value in terms of playability and tone. The finish will not last a lifetime, but not does it on a standard gloss nitro finish being played about a lot.

Again, congrats!!!!

Thanks! Here is a great demo of the 2012.

Archived