HNVJD - New Vintage Jukebox day!

BG76

• Members

So this is probably slightly off topic, but I just picked up a vintage AMI jukebox. It works great and came with some nice old t00bz in it. There's a pair of 6L6s, a 12AX7, 12AU7 and a 5U4 rectifier.

I always wanted a jukebox and to get a working tube model is really exciting for me. The tough part now will be figuring out what 40 records (80 songs) to put inside, as I have several hundred. I did find find some templates that allow you to type in your song names and print the right cards for the selection.

It's missing one selector button, but I located a spare online.

I have a 78 player and really like it for jazz recordings. To me, 45 singles sound best on jukeboxes because that's what a lot of people listened to them on.

Anyway, here are some photos and a video. In the video I had hit the reset button a few times so it grabs a few records that it doesn't play. It works excellent.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has a jukebox.

C69FD933-75E0-49B4-8419-124C6EA24C7E_zpshnnaiysy.jpg

B37ADFC8-FF22-4BED-99B2-A9F4AC784484_zpsymp7bnzl.jpg

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I was busy working all weekend and almost missed this one. Good find. Nothing like 45's on a jukebox. Funny thing with tubes,my Ampeg has a 7199 that's nos Seeburg. but I guess to a certain point amps are amps.

Enjoy

• Members

That is totally cool.

I don't have a juke box but I do have a hand crank Edison phonograph (78 rpm) and a big stack of the old thick 78's, some only grooved on one side. Its not the drum style but one of the early mechanical record players. We found it in a funeral parlor that was going out of business (the owner said business was dying......) and it shares a corner in my music room (its the dark thing behind the dobro)

IMG_0342.jpg

I also still have and use the Marantz tube stereo receiver that I bought in the 1960's and the belt drive turn table. I've got a moderate collection of vinyl, some of which I don't think as been reissued in digital format.

• Members
The tough part now will be figuring out what 40 records (80 songs) to put inside' date=' as I have several hundred. [/quote']

Maybe it's just me, but I'd want a copy of The Trashmen's "Surfin Bird" in there. smiley-wink

Very cool. :thu:

• Members

I was there in 2013. It's a bit heartbreaking the way Coney Island looks now. The demographics of the area have changed and with it, pride of maintenance. I can remember just wanting to wash my hands. I'd say it's still worth visiting, but it's not the days of yore, for shor. My mother was from NYC, so the physical changes enhance the sense of memories fading. But indeed, cool song, and very reminiscent of that era.

Archived