NGD Ibanez Talman!

InnerVision

• Members

I made an impulse buy on an Ibanez Talman Prestige 1803m. These guitars retail for $1200, and I scored a New Factory Second due to a Tiny Finish flaw for $799otd. I have not been able to find the flaw..the guitar is perfect, except the g string nut slot needs to be filed a little better.

I LOVE this guitar and have no regrets. It has Duncan A2 pickups which sound really nice and "vintagey". Definitely, a little lower output than my 2009 MIM Standard Tele which I believe has A5's.

I was originally wanting a Nashville Tele, but I love how the middle pickup has it's own volume and can be dialed in on any position of the standard 3-way selector switch...I also get to keep the standard Tele style neck/bridge combo (which isn't available on the Nashville). It sounds just like a great telecaster, but I can also "quack" for days with the strat middle pickup!. A very versatile guitar that does T and S sounds all in one.

https://goo.gl/photos/K5osALxAkqqXdyhMA

​So this is my first experience with the "Prestige" line..What do you all think?!

Archived