Latest CL "theft"!

badpenguin

• Members

Greetings all!

Found this on CL the other day, and 20 minutes after it being posted, it was MINE!

2002 Gibson Les Paul Voodoo. All original, including the infamous but all too common neck crack, missing a bridge, and it came with the original red and black faux alligator case. Yes, it has a TRC, but it was getting a minor adjustment. (More pics when Photobucket stops giving me a migraine. sm-censored) The neck crack took about 15 minutes to repair, and looks.... well, better then it did. A little touch with a marker, and it's will damn near disappear.

IMG_1347.jpg

2 piece ash body with a mahogany neck and a super thin finish, 490/500 ceramic pickups, a bridge I threw on since the original was missing, EBONY fret board with a red skull like thing on the 5th fret.

How does it sound you ask? Not like your typical Paul. Where I could take my 81 Custom to a jazz gig, sit with the guitar, and sip a martini, this thing wants a bud (either kind) a shot of jack, and will pinch the servers nether regions while saying, "Yeah.... and?" It's loud, brash, and uncouth. The neck feels like a faded, but beefier, and the ebony board...... OMG, the ebony! I am a sucker for ebony boards, and this thing is lovely in it's blackness.

Oh, did I mention it was only 200?

• Members

I remember that model. That can be your LP for the heavier distortion tones. Sometimes I've also found some great clean chimey tones coming from those pickups. Seems to depend upon the guitar they are in.

Very cool score!

Archived