Post your pedalboard!

Minitruth

• Members

Here's a relatively recent iteration.

Pedalboard-4290068_zpsauitefsa.jpg

Presently the Lovesqueeze and the elec lady (both now up for sale) are off, and I've got a mini dynacomp, 7M (Tim clone) and Dumbler overdrive in their place, plus done some re-organising. The Chinese mini-pedals are getting better every year, and I'm really happy to use them. I also really like that mini HoF (very distinctly NOT a budget Chinese pedal) and have created a custom patch based on the 'church' setting that's pretty much perfect for what I need. This all packs into a hand travel-seized case.

I have a lot of pedals right now. I did build a 'starship enterprise' pedal board on 2 levels and with space for 2 foot pedals, but frankly it was nuts, and way to large to cart about. It's interesting how I go through sound phases too, and a few years back I was using tremelo all the time, then later vibe type sounds, but now I'm mostly back to a couple of drives and chorus + reverb. Most of the time I play through a modded Pignose G40V amp, and I'm actually quite happy to play straight to amp (quite a big change from 10 years ago).

• Members
Here's a relatively recent iteration.

Pedalboard-4290068_zpsauitefsa.jpg

Presently the Lovesqueeze and the elec lady (both now up for sale) are off, and I've got a mini dynacomp, 7M (Tim clone) and Dumbler overdrive in their place, plus done some re-organising. The Chinese mini-pedals are getting better every year, and I'm really happy to use them. I also really like that mini HoF (very distinctly NOT a budget Chinese pedal) and have created a custom patch based on the 'church' setting that's pretty much perfect for what I need. This all packs into a hand travel-seized case.

I have a lot of pedals right now. I did build a 'starship enterprise' pedal board on 2 levels and with space for 2 foot pedals, but frankly it was nuts, and way to large to cart about. It's interesting how I go through sound phases too, and a few years back I was using tremelo all the time, then later vibe type sounds, but now I'm mostly back to a couple of drives and chorus + reverb. Most of the time I play through a modded Pignose G40V amp, and I'm actually quite happy to play straight to amp (quite a big change from 10 years ago).

I'm surprised someone else uses chinese pedals.

• Members

This is all I use now (when I'm not plugged directly into the amp) ...

me-25_top_gal.jpg

Sometimes I plug it into the stereo effects return on a Fender Mustang IV and use the COSM amplifier emulation on the ME-25. The return on the Mustang is before the Master Volume control which makes it ideal

• Members

Humbucker strat beat me to it.

Literally, the only thing on my board is my old RP150. I have both channels for amps and direct recording. Channel 1 is fuzz, 2 is compression, 3 is an autoswell, 4 is clean/direct, and 5-19 are various modulation and delay effects specifically for amps. 20 and above are amp simulators and effects for my laptop.

And I have yet to find a more contemporary pedal that fulfills my needs in a realistic package. Am I going to pay $500 for a Line6 HD? Nope. This pedal sounds amazing. In the same league with the old PODs for recording, IMO. The trick for amps is to use the simulator with a direct signal rather than an actual amp model selected. That way you don't lose any volume/signal between the pedal and real amp.

f9a35e0a91e1499b19a40c1faee73d59.thumb.JPG.60166638b0756ab1f05b9f01f06c3a67.JPG

• Members

Literally, the only thing on my board is my old RP150. I have both channels for amps and direct recording. Channel 1 is fuzz, 2 is compression, 3 is an autoswell, 4 is clean/direct, and 5-19 are various modulation and delay effects specifically for amps. 20 and above are amp simulators and effects for my laptop.

And I have yet to find a more contemporary pedal that fulfills my needs in a realistic package. Am I going to pay $500 for a Line6 HD? Nope. This pedal sounds amazing. In the same league with the old PODs for recording, IMO. The trick for amps is to use the simulator with a direct signal rather than an actual amp model selected. That way you don't lose any volume/signal between the pedal and real amp.

I like multi-effects, best bang-for-your-buck, imho :cool11:

• Members

Those digitech boxes are really cheap, too. I was looking at the RP55, went with Element XP, the interface looked easier.

• Members
Wow' date=' surprised to see so many multi-fx units on the pedalboards. Seem to recall they were poo-poo 'ed by some folks a few years ago.[/quote']

My two cents... They require patience and lots of time to tweak. I had mine for almost a decade before I started using it for direct recording. For some reason, I never put together that I can plug a USB cable from my printer into the RP. Nevermind that I'm still developing tones and trying to better my production.

It's easier to buy a bunch of pedals and not fiddle with an interface, but it's more expensive too.

• Members
My two cents... They require patience and lots of time to tweak. I had mine for almost a decade before I started using it for direct recording. For some reason' date=' I never put together that I can plug a USB cable from my printer into the RP. Nevermind that I'm still developing tones and trying to better my production[/color']

It's easier to buy a bunch of pedals and not fiddle with an interface, but it's more expensive too.

I found th Boss ME-25 incredibly easy to use and started using it right away. It also has a USB interface but I usually record with it using the speaker emulated headphone output plugged into a Yamaha mixer.

• Members

It's a great way to get a range of good sounds for sensible money, and they all seem to work really well live through a small valve amp. Some key pedals haven't been replaced yet, and I don't see that happening soon: I've never found another chorus that I liked as much as the Deep Blue, budget reverb pedals generally don't sound great to me and likewise for warm loveliness not much comes near the Carbon Copy.

I need to revisit the board yet again, probably to remove the Trelicopter & replace it with a Behringer UT100 trem - the best sounding trem I've found so far outside of my AC30 (better than the 18W Marshall).

• Members

I used a Korg AX30G for at least 15 years as my go-to effects unit, and I never found a better, more natural compressor. Like Bucks student said, you have to invest time in setting them up properly - you get out what you put in - or else you end up with something that's less than ideal. The real shortcoming with the Korg was that the overdrives and distortions weren't great, and neither were the reverbs or delays, and I ended up getting frustrated with the thing. Also it was very sensitive to which amp I used (as many effects set ups are) and when the SS amp I'd been using failed irrepairably it was impossible to recreate the tones I'd lost.

• Members

DSC_3151_zps5tjhvsrw.jpg

My latest iteration.

5 of those are homebuilt clones.

The yellow one with the tits (bustier) is a booster type SHO. The green panda is BMP, in between a ram's head version and a black art toneworks pharaoh. The blue red one a red lama clone, the gold one with the unicorn is a fat fuzz factory clone (freaking insane, I love it!!!!), and the one with the moon is an accutron belton brick based reverb. Pretty sweet.

Beside that the rest us pretty self explanatory.

Both the Vox time machine (great delay with tap tempo) and the Hardwire CM 2 tube overdrive are very underrated pedals that can be snapped pretty cheaply on the 2nd hand market.

Very happy with this board.

• Members

I've found the Donner/Nux pedals mixed (same pedal, diff label on the case). So I have a Nux Modcore, and the vibe sound is wonderful, but there's a small volume drop when it's on. I also have a Nux programmable delay (forget the name) that looks like that white wizard, and some of the delays are fantastic, but sometimes it produces a high-pitched whistle in the background and the rear connectors are a nuisance for cabling up the pedalboard.

• Members

I have 2 Donner pedals. A Yellow Fall delay and a White Wizard modulation pedal. My daughter bought me the Yellow Fall and it's surprisingly good. Then I won the White Wizard on Donner's Facebook giveaway. It's a really cool gadget with lots of great sounds in it. Seriously thinking about adding one of their Black Arts delay pedals for some stereo ping-pong action. They're cheap, and yeah they're made in China, but they're good pedals.

Archived