Digitech Trio arrives, I'm impressed!

Minitruth

• Members

Some of the bass tones sound a little goofy, but wow! I'm impressed. Been noodling all morning with some basic easy settings. I've never had anyone to play with, really. This thing rocks! Put at the end of my effects chain, seems to work fine with my other pedals / multi FX units. Meet my new band! LOL

• Members

I was fixated on those (online) when they first came out. I watched a YT vid (I think it was Chappers and the Captain) where they weren't too impressed by the quality of some of the generated tones, but at the time I thought it might take a better amp setup than their video. For example, I have a Fender G-Dec 30 amp and it's not too impressive sounding on its own, but run it out into a powered PA and it's rather impressive sounding.

But good to hear you're liking yours. It will inspire me to look at them again. I'm pretty sure I'd get a decent amount of use out of one too, because I do do a lot of sitting down noodling around with my guitars, so a little accompaniment should be fun.

• Members

The one real + I've always said about "GAS" is that it has kept my interest alive to keep picking up the instrument. The downsides might be a longer list, but I'll keep my eyes out for one of those things as I can see myself enjoying my noodling more too with one of those gadgets. I partly paused on getting one when they came out with the added version that includes a looper function. I already have a Digitech JamMan but found it to be more challenging to time right than I expected. Getting an "all in one unit" ups the price substantially, but I might be more likely to get into looped layers if those features are combined. End result I never got one, that's why I'm interested in your review.

• Members

This thing continues to impress. There's a second output to a mixing board. Just for {censored}s & giggles, I plugged it into a Crate B15 bass amp.

It WORKS! AWESOME! So now I get a clean bass and drums, a separate signal from guitar. This is cool!

• Members

Well {censored}. Trio just locked up and will not exit learn mode. Sent back for replacement. Bummer. Hopefully replacement will last longer than one week! If it weren't such a brilliant practice tool, Id not have bothered getting another. I've always had good luck with Digitech products, until now.

• Members
Well ****************. Trio just locked up and will not exit learn mode. Sent back for replacement. Bummer. Hopefully replacement will last longer than one week! If it weren't such a brilliant practice tool' date=' Id not have bothered getting another. I've always had good luck with Digitech products, until now.[/quote']

Good thing it's still under warranty. I've never had any problems with my RP255.

• Members

Well, keep the review going when your replacement arrives.

I did indeed think that a separate out to an amp better suited for bass and drum sounds would enhance the fun.

Regarding "reliability" I recently got an Electro-Harmonix Soul Food pedal as a B-day present from my son (also through Amazon). It actually sounded a bit nasty out of the box. But after a bit of tweaking I realized the treble knob was not working. It was basically functioning at "treble maxed out". I even played a guitar while my wife swept the knob back and forth to see if the control was supposed to be "subtle". But nope, no audible difference. I got a replacement in a day from Amazon and now it's a keeper. Not a bad pedal for someone looking for a Klon Centaur clone.

But point of the story, that was a first to me to get a DOA guitar pedal. So reminder to self, don't buy a pedal from MF (or anywhere else) because it's a great deal and then "set it aside for later". It's a good idea to give them a good run (he says to himself). smiley-wink

Archived