Anyone remember me?

Minitruth

• Members

I used to spend a great deal of time here, but life sort of took some twists that kept me from playing much and from spending much time on internet fora.

Several people here did some things that were very kind and generous, I never forget an act of kindness.

JJ Pistols- Just simply sent me a guitar, just out of the kindness of his heart.

DCinDC, IIRC sent me an entire box of effect pedals, for the same reason.

Are these guys still around? DC was from DC, JJ was from Austin, TX, IIRC. A lot of other good people, but time has sort of made things fuzzy. Well, Fuzzier anyway.

If this is the wrong subforum, my apologies in advance. Things are a bit slower now, so I have more time on my hands.

i return simply because I enjoyed all the cheap guitar aficionados, the tinkerers, gear snobs and creators of music. I did not forget you.

Good to be back.

• Members

IIRC, I was living in Vermont when I last posted here. Since then, it's been Clifton Park, NY and Lodi, NJ currently. Too bad Rondo music moved to New Hampshire, LOL.

Since it's bound to come up, I have this for guitars still:

* Gibson SG special faded black, 3 pickups and white PG

* Agile MN-201 strat, reverse headstock

* Seagull Performer Acoustic

Since I'm in an apartment these days, I have only a practice amp, Kustom KG112fx w/ 12-inch speaker

For effects, I still have a Boss micro br and Digitech Element XP,

My wife has been disabled with Multiple Sclerosis and I mostly take care of her.

Can't think of much else, that's the story and I'm stickin' to it,

• Members

Oh, nearly forgot- Why did I stop playing guitar? Long story. Wife's illness was to come later. When I Lived in Saratoga, NY I provided lighting for bands in return for a few buck and free drinks. One guy was a "guitar teacher". Oh boy. His method? Hand me a tab of Bluesbreakers "Hideaway". For someone of that skill level, may as well ask them to play Bonomassa or something. I felt like I was the problem and simply put the guitars in the closet. A bad teacher is worse than none. Why did I recently start playing again? The guitars were silently mocking me, from the closet. Every time I looked at them, I thought I was a failure. I tried to sell them, but got no reasonable offers. So they CONTINUED to mock me. I eventually recovered from my fear of them. Nobody wants to be a failure. So there you have it.

• Members
Oh, nearly forgot- Why did I stop playing guitar? Long story. Wife's illness was to come later. When I Lived in Saratoga, NY I provided lighting for bands in return for a few buck and free drinks. One guy was a "guitar teacher". Oh boy. His method? Hand me a tab of Bluesbreakers "Hideaway". For someone of that skill level, may as well ask them to play Bonomassa or something. I felt like I was the problem and simply put the guitars in the closet. A bad teacher is worse than none. Why did I recently start playing again? The guitars were silently mocking me, from the closet. Every time I looked at them, I thought I was a failure. I tried to sell them, but got no reasonable offers. So they CONTINUED to mock me. I eventually recovered from my fear of them. Nobody wants to be a failure. So there you have it.

That's a good story, Minitruth. Sorry to hear about your wife sm-sad

And no, do not let so-called "teachers" or "lessons" intimidate you from playing guitar. If you can't grasp the lesson, just play something else. The main thing, tho, is to just keep on playin' :rawk:

• Members

Hey feller, I remember you.

HC isn't like it was, and never will be again. I got a ban from Mazie Bee a few years back and it made me realise that the forum was going to hell in a handcart & I needed to move on. As, it seems, did a lot of guys around that time. Then I ended up in a place where my guitar playing wasn't welcome and nearly stopped, though ended up playing bass for a few years.

Came back a little recently and wondered how the forum was doing, remembered some of the guys who were still posting and visit occasionally now. Miss both JJ and DCinDC, and a bunch of other guys. Hope Kevman's son is still cancer-free. Used to see Brian Krashpad & a lot of the other guys on facebook, but canned the account a year ago.

It's slightly amusing that my regular gig is now playing acoustic slide guitar in a gospel-blues band.

• Members

The thing I remember most about HC was that someone was always trying to help someone else. I was a recipient of this and I saw many times where someone had no guitar or amp for whatever reason, folks would put something together and send it to them Even a girl in Hungary, IIRC. It was awesome.

• Members

Yes, sadly JJ pistols passed away.

I believe dcindc just stopped visiting the forum, but I could be mistaken.

When harmony central updated the forum to this format a few years back, a lot of people moved on, which is a great shame - the old format was much more friendly, and I never saw what happened to Great Dane's Les Paul, as Meandi couldn't work out the new forum (it was full of bugs, posting pictures was a nightmare) and stopped updating the thread.

It's a but tumbleweedy these days - but still a few good threads occasionally.

I'm very sorry about your wife. I hope she is OK for now.

• Members
Yes, sadly JJ pistols passed away.

I believe dcindc just stopped visiting the forum, but I could be mistaken.

When harmony central updated the forum to this format a few years back, a lot of people moved on, which is a great shame - the old format was much more friendly, and I never saw what happened to Great Dane's Les Paul, as Meandi couldn't work out the new forum (it was full of bugs, posting pictures was a nightmare) and stopped updating the thread.

It's a but tumbleweedy these days - but still a few good threads occasionally.

I'm very sorry about your wife. I hope she is OK for now.

When you say "Passed away", you mean as in deceased? Please tell me that was a figure of speech.

• Members

No, I'm afraid it isn't a figure of speech, though I could be mistaken???

Please somebody correct me if I am wrong. (just had a quick Google for JJ pistols and can find an account on reverbnation that seems to be active, I might be wrong)

Leopardstar passed away for sure, and Zemmy too.

I guess we're only on this earth for so long. :(

Archived