New Pedal Board

Midlife Rocker

Very nicely done Midlife Rocker! :philthumb:

There's room for more:idea:

Obviously you're new to pedals and pedalboards. ;)

Here's the process:

Buy pedal.

By some more pedals.

Realize it would be faster if you didn't have to plug everything in each time you wanted to use them.

Buy pedalboard / power supply.

Carefully consider layout and mount pedals and power to the board.

Buy more pedals.

Realize there's no room for the new pedals.

Reorganize pedalboard, pulling the pedals you "rarely use" and replacing them with something new.

Buy more "can't live without" pedals.

Break down and buy bigger pedalboard with "lots of extra room."

Transfer pedals off of old board to new one.

Buy more pedals. Buy still more pedals. "Space?" What space? Oh, that's right, I wanted to get one of those too!

Consider starting a second, smaller board for some of the "extra" pedals you have sitting around unmounted.

Buy more pedals... ;)

FWIW, I've got three large boards, and am thinking about making a fourth one.... and even that won't give me enough room for all of my pedals! :lol::philpalm:

• Members

Didn't think it would matter where the looper was in the chain, what suggestions do you have?

it all depends for what you use it. i would put it end of the chain so each loop can have an efx or not. in your setup you can can't record a rythm loop with a nice chorus or flange with it, you record the rythm dry, and if you want chorus you have to turn it on for your whole signal.

at the end of the chain, each loop can have its own different efx turned on, in your setup you just record the dirt pedals.

if you just use it as a beat generator so you have something to jam with, it doesn't matter, but in alle other cases its best to have it last

• Members

i seen pics of your boards and now a question came up:

are your boards portable? can you transport them easily?

myself i try to keep it as small as needed, cause i don't want to transport "everything" to a gig and back

are your somehow permanently in your studio only, or do you also carry them to a gig, if you have one?

and if so, how? :)

FWIW, these pics are still fairly "current" in terms of what's on those three boards.

Yes, they're primarily used in the studio, but if I do a live gig, I frequently take two of these boards (the middle and rear ones) with me... although if it's a small gig, I might just take my Line 6 M9 instead.

fetch?id=31096383&type=thumb

My next pedalboard project is a Beatles-centric board. While there are a few things they actually used (Fuzz Face, Mk1.5 Tone Bender, etc.) other pedals I'm planning on mounting on that board weren't pedals they actually used, but rather pedals that cop some of the sounds they used. For example, the Castledine Magical Mystery Box.

Archived