Anyone get guitar stuff for the holidays?

Mark Wein

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My wife and I won't exchange gifts until the 26th so I don't know but probably not. I did give our daughter's boyfriend a Snark clip-on tuner. He got her a used Squier Affinity P-Bass and a little Fender Rumble 15 practice amp since she's been wanting to learn to play bass. There's hope for him yet. ;)

• Members

Couple days ago I was rummaging around for waterpump pliers and on the bottom of a tool box were two sets of Sperzels from 20 years ago. They lack the resolution for fine tuning on the fly and besides the two guitars I use with any regularity already have Sperzels so there they stay; perenial unwanted unreturnable gift to myself.

• Members

I didn't get any guitar related items. but i gave my younger bro my spare digitech rp100 that i bought on ebay months ago. i didn't need it so i decided to give it as a gift. if my current rp100 breaks again i might try other multi effects like boss or line6. :cool:

• Members

Wifey got me an Xotic Effect EP-Booster. That's a pretty cool pedal. I'd seen a YT vid about it, but hadn't delved too deep into my review of them, so it was a pleasant surprise, i.e. she bought me something I did not already have and had interest in. I like the effect is has on tone, adding some more vibey presence along with the boost. She also bought me some fancy resin cast picks.

Son got me a Polytune. Usually these days I'm using a Snark and happy with those, but I can see where it's ability to read all strings in one strum could be a time saver tuning up.

He also got me a way cool little "Barefoot Button". You add them onto the on/off button on your guitar effect, making it easier on your foot (if barefoot or just wearing socks) or makes for an easier to hit button if you're wearing shoes. It's a cool little bit of kit. I'll be buying more of these for my pedals. Back in October I had a jam at my house with my bandmates, and I had a string of pedals on my carpeted floor. It really hurt hitting one or two of the pedals with just my foot wearing socks, so I had to put on some slippers to protect my foot. Now that I know these things exist I'll be getting more for my pedals for that purpose or just to make them easier to turn on/off by hand as well.

http://barefootbuttons.com/

For my son, who also plays, I got him the Korg Miku Stomp Vocaloid pedal. I highly recommend those to anyone who likes to laugh. But there's also a plus side to what could be dismissed as a "novelty pedal". The thing not only inspires your to pick up a guitar for fun, but also makes you focus on lead lines, which could be good for snapping one out of a rhythm rut.

Archived