Muse "Showbiz" Guitar Tone

kaiburns

• Members

What guitar and amp should I get that could get me Matt's guitar tone in this video? I don't really have a budget, as this is for a future investment. As long as it's not crazy expensive then I'm down to save up for it. You can hear it well at 2 minutes and six seconds.

Here's another video with the same guitar tone I'm looking to achieve, you can hear it at 1:33:

• Members

Thanks for the reply! I know all about the gear that he used for that era though, and I don't want to copy him completely. But I'll take the idea into consideration :)

He used the Parker Fly about once or twice and used the Decatone for his heavy distortion tones, although his main guitars in 1999 were his Yamaha Pacifica, Peavey Wolfgang, and his Emex Londaxe, and he used a Matchless DC30 for cleans, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 for his main crunch clean tone (the tone I'm trying to simulate), and a Soldano Decatone for his heavy distortion tones. In 2000, his main guitars were a Les Paul DC Lite, SG Standard, and his main amp was just the Marshall JCM 2000, but he did use the Parker Fly a bit.

So, with that information, have you got any suggestions? I've got a Fender USA Pro Tele with a humbucker quite similar to the humbucker in his Wolfgang guitar, and I've got a really cheap Les Paul knockoff that I'm going to modify (and I'm gonna use the same pickups that Matt used in his LP). I'm using a Pro Co Rat to simulate his Decatone (which nails the sound of that amp) and I've got an AC30 which is really similar to his Matchless. So, what amp could I get that's similar to the JCM 2000? Or should I just get a JCM 2000?

And last thing, do you have any guitar recommendations? Because a new guitar would be nice haha ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
What guitar and amp should I get that could get me Matt's guitar tone in this video? I don't really have a budget' date=' as this is for a future investment. As long as it's not crazy expensive then I'm down to save up for it. You can hear it well at 2 minutes and six seconds.[/font']

Here's another video with the same guitar tone I'm looking to achieve, you can hear it at 1:33:

Here's my call.

I own and old Jmc 800 2x12 combo, singe channel amp. Matt Bellamy has played out of a lot of amps over the years. I am actually not that familiar with his work.

Looks like he using Kemper these days.

http://www.musewiki.org/Amplifiers

It also looks like from a previous post yo have ruled out the Fender Deville 401.

The JCM is a great amp, the 2000 not so good imo, but that is neither here nor there.

My call right now is the Budda Super Drive 30 watter. It's been around a while and it a very fine amp. It does some ok cleans and it does the high gain stuff pretty damn fine.

I looked on reverb dot com for one and found 2. one for 8

The company is owned by Peavey now. There's not many out there new, but I saw this at American Musical and it's new for 1269. It looks like it's a scratch and dent, but you gte a 42% discound and free shipping. If you hate it I'm sure you could return it with no questions asked, minus the shipping costs.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BUD-SUPERDRIVE30-LIST

The real test would be to get one in your own paws and give it a whirl.

[video=youtube;rcW7Cba2VPM]

[video=youtube;rQh1s67jTE0]

Maybe this helped and maybe it didn't.

Archived