What is your favorite stomp box you use with your guitar rig.

bluesmann

• Members

What is your favorite stomp box you use with your guitar rig. For most it takes a series of pedals so post your top ten if that pleases you. For me that's a difficult question being I have so many good ones. ​Has anybody checked out the new lovepedal stuff? How about the super 6? (super Reverb on 6 with Stevie mod.) Ah ha! :)

​As I said in another post , Its all how you eq. it.

PS MERRY CHRISTMAS Epiphone

• Members

I used to own two pedal boards worth of stomp boxes. I don't miss any of them. The only one I use on a regular basis is my Earthquaker Hoof Reaper, which is the best fuzz I've ever used.

I'm 25, so I grew up during the early age of Line 6 and Digitech putting out pedals and amps with a billion different models and effects. When I was 14, I wanted a Foxx Foot Phaser, and my uncle got my a Digitech RP-150. I already owned a Line 6 Spider II. Initially, I was like a lot of other players who thought they were terrible products... Until I learned how to use them. It's 2016, and I not only use the Digitech for direct recording, but pretty much all of my modulation and delay effects on my pedalboard. I can't stand trying to find a sound in analog pedals anymore because the digital interface allows me to get exactly what I want and store it.

• Members

Favorite? Ive got two I will not gig without - BBE Sonic Stomp and an ISP Decimator - both are always on, never off. My rig can be noisy, the Decimator keeps things dead quiet when they're supposed to be, and the BBE brings all the waves together, and does some sort of magic hat trick that is just freaking sweet. So those two are my favorites.

• Members

the one pedal that never left th board since i bought it is my ts-9 reissue, but since i got the keeley monterey it does not get so much used anymore, the keeley sounds so nice that i like to jam over it all the time :)

other than that i have 25 or so pedals and whats on or hot changes a lot, a nice delay and fuzz and boost is what i need, what it is today changes

• Members

I sort of hate to admit it, but a Tubescreamer, the cheap "Tonk-Lok" version no less. My amp (a Music Man HD-212 combo) is so clean that it needs a pedal to take the sterility out of it. Next favorite pedal is a delay, it makes my leads sound YOOOOGE!

• Members

I've probably had my longest love affair with a Boss RV-3. I'm not saying that folks should run out and find one on ebay right this moment, but it's just a pedal that has seen more use than any other pedal I've ever bought.

It combines Reverb and Delay, which is no longer that uncommon, and it doesn't even have spring reverb, but I've long used its plate reverb with one slap back of delay and I find that that creates something not too dissimilar from a drippy kind of reverb (but less trebley), or as others would call it a "rockabilly" sound. Within the last year I bought a EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master which pretty much does the same thing, but in a more ambient nature. The Boss is more punctuated but the EarthQuaker is getting more of my attention lately.

Newer pedals I'm loving = The Timmy, Catalinbread SFT, Tech 21 Blonde and Fulltone OCD. I'd buy any one of those 4 pedals over again. They've transformed my tone from being more of a Fender Blackface surfy tone lover, to more of that warm OD tone.

• Members

I have about 40 pedals or more. Narrowing it down is like asking which string on a guitar do you favor the most.

I cant get my sounds only using a single pedals unless its a multi effects. I been having allot of fun with that Vox Stomplab I bought, I have several other multi effects like Boss and Digitec and its the only one that has drives and amp modeling that actually sounds like the real deal.

With single pedals I like using My Marshall compressor, A Tube screamer and Governor for my drives. I use them separately and together. I use the Marshall chorus allot too.

For echo/reverbs I still value my old Multivox Tape Echo. Its one of the older pieces of gear I own and still worth a big chunk of change. The Multivox were made by Rolland to the best of my knowledge. They used push buttons instead of a rotary knob but do essentially the same things. You could select any combination of playback heads and does things you cant do with any pedals I've come across. Its even got sound on sound and sound with sound for creating loops if you wanted.

Archived