Tokyo.....Greatest Guitar Playground Part II

soundcreation

• Members

Having been to Tokyo one time before, I was fairly prepared for sights as shown in part 1. I knew there would be more than enough to waste an entire week doing nothing but guitar store jumping.

Alas there were other sights to see in the city and I think the significant other was already a little perturbed by my 6 stringed distractions.

We decided to roam around the area near our hotel. We were staying in an area called Asakusa which is famous for having a very large and beautiful temple complex with a large strip of tourist trinket shops leading up too it.

It's also an area with no guitar shops within walking distance. Believe me I checked.

Being a tourist area with lots of hotels there are plenty of restaurants and places to shop. One such place was a sort of public market/department store. The kind of place that sells various items from all over Japan with the focus being on things being Japanese made. You know, the type of place that has things like Japanese made food items from all the different prefectures, hand made leather goods, local clothing designers, etc etc...

So imagine my surprise when upon arriving on the second floor my wife, points out what looks like a furniture type section, and on the far wall I see this....

fetch?filedataid=121814

Well what do you know! Can't escape guitars even if I try! Of course I walk straight over, right past all the beautiful hand made tables, chairs clocks, and those full dresser sized music boxes on the left there..(they were amazing).......

Straight to the guitars!

Which I happily photographed for your enjoyment!

So......

Pull up a custom made guitar chair.....

fetch?filedataid=121816

And let's have a look shall we?

• Members

But then things started to get interesting....

What I thought was just a black strat....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31870910[/ATTACH]

turned out to be soooo much more.....

fetch?filedataid=121825

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31870914[/ATTACH]

I swear I was fascinated by those....whatever you call them......for a good 5 straight minutes....just staring at them...lol.

• Members

Remember the black strat? Here's it's white sister....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31870930[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31870931[/ATTACH]

Not sure which one is more impressive....the simpleness of the black one or the added color and "in your face" of this one. Yet to me anyway...it works. It doesn't feel over the top.

• Members

Let's see...what next?

How about the inlay work on these acoustics....

fetch?filedataid=121834

So clean and precise.

Check this one out...

fetch?filedataid=121835

fetch?filedataid=121836

fetch?filedataid=121837

Unbelievable....different wood inlays with what seems to me to be ultra thin channels of fretboard/inlay/fretboard etc....and the sound hole one above that....lol....This person must have some serious patience.

• Members

This one is my personal favorite...

fetch?filedataid=121846

Oil finished.....so beautiful...

And check out these inlays in the fretboard....

fetch?filedataid=121847

The detail and precision is just mind blowing. Made to be like stars in the universe. The smallest ones there are just ridiculous.

(The ukulele above has them too)

Archived