All Maple Tele/Paul Build

WRGKMC

• Members

One of my Favorite builds. I tried making a Video with my Cell Phone. I'm having an issue with the video perspective.

It might be an issue with the I phone. Maybe I have to try it again with a side perspective, or find a video program which will rotate the axis.

The raw file plays back OK from the Drop Box site. I had to convert it to a windows media file to get it to load in Sonar.

I could replace the cell phone audio with the stereo DAW audio. Doesn't sound to bad when I tweak the treble.

The raw file recorded from the cell phone has some bass boom.

The file with the replaced audio turns the video 90 degrees so I'm laying on my back. Any body mess with I phone video conversions? I'm not an Apple guy

so I'm not up to speed on .mov files. Any suggestions?

This is the original file with the cell phone mic.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1682170/Video%20Nov%2012%2C%204%2033%2042%20PM.mov

This is the converted file. For some reason the file turns 90 degrees.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1682170/Audio%20Rep.wmv

• Members

No. I haven't messed with You Tube at all. I suppose I should figure out how to do that but I really don't do many videos.

I'm just wondering is there's software that will allow me to rotate the image.

I suspect the problem involves the phones ability to take photos or videos in portrait or landscape views depending on which way you have the phone turned. I recorded it in portrait view with the phone upright. Playback programs probably recognize a tall narrow video and needing to be turned on its side or lacks the encoding to tell the difference.

I guess I'll just have to try recording a landscape video and see if it remains upright.

• Members

i'd just go ahead & create a youtube account. Takes just a few minutes & as a Realtor I find it the easiest way to share videos. I often take quick videos of homes I preview to share with my buyer clients. It's a lot easier to just attach a youtube link in an email as opposed to attaching a huge video file...

I Haven't needed to change orientation on a video I've shot in a while, but it's easy to edit once the video is uploaded.

Archived